996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

In need of a trickle charger while my car is sleeping this winter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:54 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
In need of a trickle charger while my car is sleeping this winter

Any recommendations on which one and where to get? The car will be put away at first snow and will be in hibernation for about 4 months. What other storage tips should I know about? Many thanks!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 07:12 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Just get the Porsche one. Mine has lasted for years and it works on every car I've had that's had to sit there for awhile.

They're pretty cheap too. Some of the board sponsors will be able to hook you up.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:31 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
I second that. Try Brandywine Porsche.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
My guys have setup a deal for them. Give Nate an email and ask him what he has cooking. I honestly don't know. I am up to my ears in engine rebuilds and EFI conversions. He is at Nate@imagineauto.com

Old 11-18-2005, 10:03 AM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
i use the porsche brand one as well but for me IT DID NOT WORK ON EVERY CAR I PUT IT IN. i used it one winter for the SL and it shorted the car. i advise to only use it in the porsche

Old 11-18-2005, 10:48 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally posted by RPM
i use the porsche brand one as well but for me IT DID NOT WORK ON EVERY CAR I PUT IT IN. i used it one winter for the SL and it shorted the car. i advise to only use it in the porsche
Good advice. I know it works in BMWs and F-cars.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:38 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
if its going to work for bmw's id like to get in on one thanks Ill email nate

Old 11-19-2005, 08:33 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Give Nate an email and ask him what he has cooking .... He is at Nate@imagineauto.com
Stephen,

Thanks for the info; it's apprecated.