996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question for the folks using injector dynamics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sinKing
This thread has me reconsidering upgrading my injectors when I install my turbos. I may just do a 5 bar FPR and keep my power down. Are there any injectors that use our OE style connectors and are OE reliable? This isn't a job I want to have to do twice.
fid injectors are plug and play

Old 12-09-2015, 08:40 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
fid injectors are plug and play
Do they meet the OE reliable criteria?

Old 12-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sinKing
Do they meet the OE reliable criteria?
i don't know what you mean by that. they meet the requirements for 1000 hp my oe reliability went out the window years ago!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
You might consider messaging Paul Yaw on FB about the ID injector. He's a little busy out of town in Indianaoplis for the PRI show but he does seem to care a great deal about putting out a quality product.

That said, FIC are going on my car here soon so I'm obviously not affiliated
Just to clarify, as my sarcasm detector is off... you're saying that ID injectors are a quality product? And therefore, I can infer that COBB injectors are equally good as they are simply rebranded IDs?

Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pteck
Just to clarify, as my sarcasm detector is off... you're saying that ID injectors are a quality product? And therefore, I can infer that COBB injectors are equally good as they are simply rebranded IDs?
i can't speak for cobb but my experience with id injectors customer service was one of the best i ever had with any company. they went far above and beyond to help me out with an issue i was having to the point they checked all the injectors cleaned and shipped them overnight at there expense. can't ask for more than that.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:28 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I wasn't being sarcastic, I follow ID on Facebook and have had some exchanges. Paul seems to sincerely care and to be a serious engineer striving for a good product, he's got a relationship with Bosch that I don't think many enjoy. Reach out to him politely but understand he's out of town in a hectic situation in Indianapolis at the moment.

Each of his injector's are individually serialized and he keeps track of their performance to match them. He's not a hack and he seems to provide good support. If his product has an issue talk to him and I suspect he will do everything he can to make it right but try to be patient, I know it's stressful when the car is down (as mine will be soon!).

To be crystal clear - his injector's aren't on my car because Sean felt the injector's from FIC would suit my purpose and my intent to use E85 when available. I have nothing but good things to say about ID but they won't be in my car this time around.

Last edited by BLKMGK; 12-09-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
From what I've been reading and the feedback I've been getting the IDXXXXs are one of the best injectors our there. The difficulty I'm having is most likely due to the adapter, but it's entirely possible it's an injector. What is worth mentioning is how SamboTT and Cobb have stepped up and offered to help however they can. These guys are promptly returning emails, answering questions, and offering advice. Nobody is pointing fingers at anybody and it is terrific working with these professionals.

As 32krazy said, injectors of all types can fail...it happens. Injectors can fail out of the box, or they can fail after some period of time. What's happening to me is not the norm, and everyone should try to keep that in perspective.

Guys, don't be afraid to run aftermarket injectors. Stick to a quality brand and 99 times out of a 100 you will be fine.

Last edited by Red911TT; 12-10-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
To back that up - I'm running the Cobb 1300 with adapters with no issues. Worked fine the first time. As tony pointed out, I used grease on all the connectors. It's easy for water to get in there and make things play up.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Ok guys, I swapped the EV6-EV1 adapter tonight and the car was hitting on all 6 again. I uploaded the tune Sam had sent me when the adapter konked out and took it for a spin...it hauls ***.

What I found when I pulled the old adapter was an identical failure to the last one. Something is causing the center of the adapter to pull away from the body. You can see the failed adapter on the left and a new adapter on the right.

I'm not sure why it would do that other than it must be getting hot and deforming. Any other theories?

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Glad I got sorted buddy. Now we can move on. You deserve to enjoy life at 1.3 bar for a little bit longer than a day! yeah there's a first time for everything but at least I know when I get them through Cobb I've never had an issue. Gone through so many sets

Old 12-10-2015, 10:54 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Whew, my confidence in aftermarket injectors has been renewed.

Sam, I've got the goods. Not just need to get my maxjax setup and then I can get at the mods!