996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question for the folks using injector dynamics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Question for the folks using injector dynamics

I've got ID1000s in my 996tt and am having a really strange problem. I'm using the one piece jetronic to uscar adpaters (see picture) to connect the new style injectors to the factory harness.

Long story short, when I first fired up the car, cylinder 1 wasn't firing. Changed the adapter and all was cured. I've been working with Sam on getting the tune in the car sorted out and as we're making progress I had the same failure on Saturday night.

I'm curious, for those of you that are using ID injectors, are you using these same adapters and have you had any kind of issue with the adapters.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey bud, glad you put that picture up. Those are definitely different than the adapters Cobb uses and I would not doubt it's your issue. I will try to get you a set

Old 12-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey bud, glad you put that picture up. Those are definitely different than the adapters Cobb uses and I would not doubt it's your issue. I will try to get you a set
Thanks for confirming I've got non-Cobb adapters Sam.

It would be great if you can get me a set and that solves the problem. That way I don't have to dick with pulling an injector out of the car. I ordered new ones that use factory style connectors on either end:

I ordered the connectors pictured below that use Delphi and Bosch manufactured connectors on both ends. However, using an adapter from Cobb that you know works is probably the way to go.

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You know what, after opening the box and taking a look they are the same as your original picture. I used to deal with so many different set ups I got them confused. For what it's worth the ones that I received from Cobb I've never had an issue with. Same with the Bosch injectors Sean is talking about.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 12-08-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:47 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
For anything 1000cc and larger, Bosch has a line of injectors using the same style connector as the OE injectors which do not require a harness. Your ID 1000's started life as a 550cc or 630cc injector that was modified. The one pictured is a factory 1000cc injector.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have the id 1300 and had the connectors hard wired into the harness. every time i use adapters they suck and misfire. i would suggest either hardwire them or use the fid injectors from srm

Old 12-07-2015, 05:52 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
I'm about to do this upgrade as well and I'm not opposed to modifying the harness if it makes for a more reliable connection.

How are you going about hard wiring this? Is there a connector kit for the IDs/Cobb?

Old 12-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pteck
I'm about to do this upgrade as well and I'm not opposed to modifying the harness if it makes for a more reliable connection.

How are you going about hard wiring this? Is there a connector kit for the IDs/Cobb?
you get pins and caps from id. solder the pins onto the harness and push them into the cap

Old 12-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have the id 1300 and had the connectors hard wired into the harness. every time i use adapters they suck and misfire. i would suggest either hardwire them or use the fid injectors from srm
Great to hear I'm not the only one having issues with those adapters. I've never used them before and thought they would be fine.

I didn't hardwire the connectors because I didn't want to chop up the harness. The adapters I bought to replace the current adapters are built using actual Delphi and Bosch connectors, so as adapters go it doesn't get any better than that.

I'm hoping it's the connector but the fact that it's the same injector that is giving me issues makes me wonder if it is the injector itself or if there is something is getting hot near the adapter causing it to internally distort and fail. There was a slight deformation in the first connector that was removed but I presumed it was a manufacturing error.

I'll keep the thread updated...

Old 12-08-2015, 07:53 AM

32Krazy is absolutely correct...replacing the connectors at the harness is the way to go if you are not opposed to cutting the stock harness.

I have used ID injectors in other applications and the connectors that ship with the injectors are not the greatest quality. I would strongly recommend spending a few extra bucks and buying prebuilt Delphi brand connectors with TXL wire. They are fully assembled and all you need to do is cut your existing connectors and solder the new pigtail in place. Very easy to do if the harness is easily accessible.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:54 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
You'd think that by buying a premium injector, that these issues would not even need to be talked about. Sigh...

Thanks for the insightful input.

Last edited by pteck; 12-08-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Banned
You'd think that by buying a premium injector, that these issues would even need to be talked about. Sigh...

injectors from epl that were bad from the nib bag, id injectors connectors and 2150 fic injectors that leak. basically all the injectors suck. just my .02

Old 12-08-2015, 10:29 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
You'd think that by buying a premium injector, that these issues would not even need to be talked about. Sigh...

You might consider messaging Paul Yaw on FB about the ID injector. He's a little busy out of town in Indianaoplis for the PRI show but he does seem to care a great deal about putting out a quality product.

That said, FIC are going on my car here soon so I'm obviously not affiliated

Old 12-09-2015, 06:56 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
injectors from epl that were bad from the nib bag, id injectors connectors and 2150 fic injectors that leak. basically all the injectors suck. just my .02
This thread has me reconsidering upgrading my injectors when I install my turbos. I may just do a 5 bar FPR and keep my power down.

Are there any injectors that use our OE style connectors and are OE reliable? This isn't a job I want to have to do twice.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
2 VERY important comments about injectors and the 996tt.

1. There are now unmodified Bosch 60lb injectors with the correct plug end for the 996tt harness which for MOST of you guys on stock motor will be "enough" at least for pump fuel tuning.

2. When ever installing injectors on these cars.... either its oem style plugs or you're using an adapter, its it critical.... let me repeat CRITICAL to fill all plug ends with dielectric grease .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for the folks using injector dynamics