996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

questions of my 996 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 04:20 AM
samugtmadrid is an unknown quantity at this point
questions of my 996 turbo

Hello friends, I have a porsche 996 turbo, and I entered presentations in this forum, I'm slowly making him preparations and a few days ago I bought a Y-pipe, then hang pictures of my car and what I bought, I have to look how.

I have several questions because the y-pipe is very large and I have to remove the filter box, they told me I have to put 2 filters K & N RC-9630 and be put straight to the turbos, I've seen pictures buestras and see that poneis a dejais pipes and the filter above the intercooler, someone can tell me those measures tunberias? someone sells some?

on the other hand do not quite understand, I have to do with the MAF sensor? because if I remove the air filter box not know what to do and I'm afraid I error, I have read a Ford MAF sensor sets, but what?

Thanks and now will try to put pictures of my car !!!

sorry for my English, I'm from Spain

This is the y-pype, i see i not have the hoses to intercoolers i dont know if i can put silicon forge to intercooler

Last edited by samugtmadrid; 08-11-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:55 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
You're missing some parts there to complete the y-pipe setup. That looks like a Markski brand y-pipe...check it:

https://markskituning.com/product/ma...pe-intake-kit/

Yes you will need to remove the factory airbox and maf setup. Running filters off the turbochargers is probably the easiest thing to do. Markski might have some fender intakes you can purchase from him...maybe even the rest of the kit along with the MAF sensor. Good luck man! Nice car!

Old 08-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
You're missing some parts there to complete the y-pipe setup. That looks like a Markski brand y-pipe...check it:

https://markskituning.com/product/ma...pe-intake-kit/

Yes you will need to remove the factory airbox and maf setup. Running filters off the turbochargers is probably the easiest thing to do. Markski might have some fender intakes you can purchase from him...maybe even the rest of the kit along with the MAF sensor. Good luck man! Nice car!

thank you very much for answering, the hoses going to do the traditional way, the most difficult was the y-pipe and I have it, the rest will do my mechanic and I will buy the filters to K & N

the problem is the MAF sensor, the seller told me he did not need to put the sensor, it was not necessary, is it? I have to put the sensor? They sell on ebay? I've looked but not what is.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:43 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Nah you don't need it. Just need a mafless tune.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:49 PM

Sorry friend, but i dont know that what is a mafless tune ; have a link to buy?

Old 08-11-2016, 03:54 PM

Maflees is It is to modify parameters of the car? Is complicated?

i can run my oem maf sensor in stock location ?? is less complicated i think

Last edited by samugtmadrid; 08-11-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:05 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Yes, the computer must be modified to run without the MAF sensor. A COBB dealer, Markski, and others can do this.

I don't have the dimensions for filters on the turbos but if you do this you will also want rain socks. Another option would be to run fender inlets which place filters near the intercoolers, these are often custom built.

What other modifications have you made? If you have not already made other performance changes you may want to wait before upgrading the y-pipe as there are other restrictions that that should be upgraded before that piece becomes a restriction.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Yes, the computer must be modified to run without the MAF sensor. A COBB dealer, Markski, and others can do this.

I don't have the dimensions for filters on the turbos but if you do this you will also want rain socks. Another option would be to run fender inlets which place filters near the intercoolers, these are often custom built.

What other modifications have you made? If you have not already made other performance changes you may want to wait before upgrading the y-pipe as there are other restrictions that that should be upgraded before that piece becomes a restriction.

Thanks!!!

if i buy a Ford maf I do not need to do anything else? ford model that I have to buy it? Is type " plug and play"?

I have only exhaust and collectors.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by samugtmadrid
Thanks!!!

if i buy a Ford maf I do not need to do anything else? ford model that I have to buy it? Is type " plug and play"?

I have only exhaust and collectors.

Is this? But what model of ford?

I think is this:

Afh55 but i dont know because have more numbers, afh55-m10, m13....

Is this?

Last edited by samugtmadrid; 08-12-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:32 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Ah, that DOES look like its but to accept a different MAF sensor! I'm not sure which sensor it takes but I'm pretty sure it will still need to have ECU modifications made. Marski is likely the guy you will want to talk to. He has done tunes for cars overseas before and should be able to help you out. Do you have a Durametric cable? What other modifications have you made?