996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY - Create your own GT3 RS Wing

Old 09-15-2016, 09:51 PM
split71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond repute
I dig it...I'm interested in seeing this 'OEM' quality version #2. I love the 3RS wing. Great work and thanks for sharing!

Old 09-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Ah, well - funny you should ask - I finished Wing 2 a couple of weeks ago. I had my upright design cut out of aluminum using a water jet and polished them up. I also tried a new way to produce the wing tips and they look absolutely OEM quality. I am really happy with how everything turned out.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:51 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
Ah, well - funny you should ask - I finished Wing 2 a couple of weeks ago. I had my upright design cut out of aluminum using a water jet and polished them up. I also tried a new way to produce the wing tips and they look absolutely OEM quality. I am really happy with how everything turned out.

If I mail you my lid, how much would you charge to modify it? PM me. I am interested.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:10 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Looks amazing man! Have you thought about adding a longer bracket to the wing mount so that you could adjust the rake?

Old 09-21-2016, 12:11 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I have considered the idea, but in reality I can't see someone wanting to change the angle that frequently. I now have 3 different risers with varying degrees of angle and I will be using the one I like the best, but it only takes about 1 minute per side to change the risers. Anyone wanting to play with the angles could just do it the way I do so I don't think it's really necessary. Always an easy option to add if I ever want to play.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:46 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Jeez, the trouble some people are willing to go through........great craftmanship though!
I am sure Slider doesn't see it as trouble. Working on cars can provide just as much pleasure as driving. I don't consider my project as "trouble" at all either.

If you do consider working on cars "trouble", you're better off putting the time others spend working on cars into overtime to pay someone else to do the work.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
pretty cool .... looks great

Old 10-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Saadi996tt is on a distinguished road
Great looking wing Slider, please keep us posted if you decide to start selling them.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:50 AM
CBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to beholdCBRacerX is a splendid one to behold
Very nice work! The final results are looking great.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:53 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Looks like a good side business-

Old 12-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Saadi996tt is on a distinguished road
Hey Slider,

Any updates on the 2nd version of the wing design? Have you tested it out? Any idea about selling it to some of us that want to have your wing?

Thanks,
Saadi

Old 12-27-2016, 08:42 AM
The second wing is already on the car. I'm very happy with it now - no minor visible flaws like the first one. I've gone through 6 designs for the uprights - I have a local water jet company that can pump them out pretty cheaply. I settled on the 997 GT3RS height which is a little lower than in the pictures above. If I go to the track and want to raise the wing higher into the airflow, I just switch uprights. It only takes a minute or so.

I'm always happy to discuss helping someone out by providing a wing and uprights - PM to discuss your needs.