996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno - UMW 1 bar tune & Unobtainium Catless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Sourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to behold
Dyno - UMW 1 bar tune & Unobtainium Catless

Fixed all the boost leaks and finally got a baseline run today. Only mods are tune and exhaust. Almost 80,000 km with the tune, 154,000 KM total on the engine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	911T.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	458458  
Old 09-08-2016, 08:23 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Very nice!

Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 PM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Yes, nice!
What other mods do you have, that's pretty impressive if the power reading is at the wheels.
The reason why I ask is I have kevins 1.1bar flash tune with 200cel Kline exhaust and nothing else. The transformation was incredible, I never did a dyno read and I am curious at my power level.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Sourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JimTT
Yes, nice!
What other mods do you have, that's pretty impressive if the power reading is at the wheels.
The reason why I ask is I have kevins 1.1bar flash tune with 200cel Kline exhaust and nothing else. The transformation was incredible, I never did a dyno read and I am curious at my power level.
The chart is is rwhp, rwtq (at the rear wheels with front driveshaft disconnected).

The mods are Kevin's 1bar tune and 3" stainless x-pipe exhaust (no mufflers, anti-drone tube, catless).

I should have done a baseline before the exhaust swap. It really felt like the exhaust improved the spool. Unmeasured . . . .

I'll post up a video of the run tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:03 PM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Very good, looking forward to it.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:06 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Very nice numbers. Makes me excited for my exhaust to arrive!

Old 09-09-2016, 10:24 AM
I plotted my dyno run yesterday vs. my friends stock GTR (his baseline before he tuned it).

On the same dyno , by the same operator.

Attached Files
Old 09-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
What kind of gas was used for this dyno session, 91, 93, etc? Just curious. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Road King
What kind of gas was used for this dyno session, 91, 93, etc? Just curious. Thanks.
I'm in the Calgary area.

Husky 94 octane with 10% ethanol.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sourcerock
I'm in the Calgary area.

Husky 94 octane with 10% ethanol.
Roger that...in other words, the good stuff. I'm running my weekend warrior exclusively on 100 unleaded these days...works great with Sambo's tune.

Nice numbers!

Old 09-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sourcerock
I plotted my dyno run yesterday vs. my friends stock GTR (his baseline before he tuned it).

On the same dyno , by the same operator.
Very nice figures, thanks for posting. Do you have stock k16 turbos or the larger x50 turbos ?

Old 09-09-2016, 02:25 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JimTT
Very nice figures, thanks for posting. Do you have stock k16 turbos or the larger x50 turbos ?
Since he has an 01 it is K16... 95% sure that X50 was not an option in 2001.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Since he has an 01 it is K16... 95% sure that X50 was not an option in 2001.
Ok, thanks. They're pretty impressive power figures from just an exhaust and flash tune.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Yea seems really good considering in my experience dynodynamics dynos read on the low side. Thanks for posting the gtr overlay.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Aktavate
Yea seems really good considering in my experience dynodynamics dynos read on the low side. Thanks for posting the gtr overlay.
Kevin at UMW sure knows his stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno - UMW 1 bar tune & Unobtainium Catless