996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pressure test question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 12:20 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Pressure test question

Did a test tonight and had a couple questions. I disconnect the tube on the drivers tube to put my coupling and gauge on. I noticed the vac line on the drivers tube. In testing it does nothing, but couldn't there be a leak upstream from that line? How do you test that?

Another thing. I noticed the tube off the Y manifold to the intercooler had a very small hiss. It's seated perfectly. How would I fix that? A whole new hose or intercooler?
Name:  IMAG0163.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  163.6 KB

Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
#1 I think the tube you are talking about is where the diverter valves dump into the intake plenum, that one is fine as long as your diverter valves are not leaking.

#2 If the main boost hose is leaking you could replace the oring or maybe try to condition it with some silicon grease. This part should not be leaking.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
That's drivers side black hard line should be disconnected, then do the test again and if u have air coming coming from that black think hard plastic line, you have a check calcite on top of the motor that's bad- fuel tank vent line check valve. I made a lot of videos here is a link to some
https://markskituning.com/pressure-t...d-boost-leaks/

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-24-2016, 07:42 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
That's drivers side black hard line should be disconnected, then do the test again and if u have air coming coming from that black think hard plastic line, you have a check calcite on top of the motor that's bad- fuel tank vent line check valve. I made a lot of videos here is a link to some
https://markskituning.com/pressure-t...d-boost-leaks/

OK, checked it and nothing is coming out if that line. Thanks!

Old 09-24-2016, 09:50 PM
SpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
OK, checked it and nothing is coming out if that line. Thanks!
As someone posted earlier, you can buy just the o-rings for the boost hoses. I bought some last week. Just an FYI, I would pressure up to 25psi. I just went through this and most of my leaks were barely evident until I went up to 22-23 psi. My throttle body o-ring was the big leak.

Good Luck with it!

Old 09-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedAddict
As someone posted earlier, you can buy just the o-rings for the boost hoses. I bought some last week. Just an FYI, I would pressure up to 25psi. I just went through this and most of my leaks were barely evident until I went up to 22-23 psi. My throttle body o-ring was the big leak.

Good Luck with it!
My car makes nothing close to that, so there would be no reason to do 25. I'll look into the new o rings and tb just to do some maintenance

Old 09-25-2016, 08:19 AM
SpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to all
I am not running anywhere near that boost level either. Pressuring up to 25 psi will make it easier for you to identify the leaks.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
My car makes nothing close to that, so there would be no reason to do 25. I'll look into the new o rings and tb just to do some maintenance
He's right. Pressure higher and the smaller issues will show up. Identify them and fix them.
As far as your comment back on the other thread to your answer about the tune in your car and that your car ran fine for 50k miles, well you did say that for 3 years ( u owned) the always threw psm and and lights. So why would u assume it's not your tune ? I actually think it is ( assuming you don't have a huge massive leak).
Now that your car goes into limp mode it's obvious along with the codes. I know you don't want hear it but you have been battling this for some time and you seem to run out of ideas.
Stop by, I'll do a quick pressure test for free, I'll even write a tune for free, you plus for a week and tell me if your and and psm come on. Then if your still not a belieber, I'll load back the tune that was in there and you an continue as you are

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
He's right. Pressure higher and the smaller issues will show up. Identify them and fix them.
As far as your comment back on the other thread to your answer about the tune in your car and that your car ran fine for 50k miles, well you did say that for 3 years ( u owned) the always threw psm and and lights. So why would u assume it's not your tune ? I actually think it is ( assuming you don't have a huge massive leak).
Now that your car goes into limp mode it's obvious along with the codes. I know you don't want hear it but you have been battling this for some time and you seem to run out of ideas.
Stop by, I'll do a quick pressure test for free, I'll even write a tune for free, you plus for a week and tell me if your and and psm come on. Then if your still not a belieber, I'll load back the tune that was in there and you an continue as you are
Well....it's hard to say no to that! You only free on weekends, or weekdays too?