996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wagner 5.7" intercoolers from ByDesign

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 03:58 AM
krikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud of
Those who installed these on 996tt - was these plug n play with the factory hangers? No modifications needed to the 996tt hangers?

Old 01-17-2017, 04:00 AM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Nada!!

Oem fitment in hangers!

Old 01-17-2017, 04:04 AM
krikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud of
Hmm testfitted one of these on my 996tt yesterday and couldnt get the bolt-holes in the hanger to line up with the bolts.
The front end of the hanger was sitting way to low.
So with the IC and ducting in place, the upper duct sealing against the chassis-duct part, the hanger was way to low.
Will play with it more during the next days

Old 01-17-2017, 04:23 AM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have some pics?, (per instructions) every was assembled to the hanger outside before mounting them on the car.

Originally Posted by krikra
Hmm testfitted one of these on my 996tt yesterday and couldnt get the bolt-holes in the hanger to line up with the bolts.
The front end of the hanger was sitting way to low.
So with the IC and ducting in place, the upper duct sealing against the chassis-duct part, the hanger was way to low.
Will play with it more during the next days

Old 01-17-2017, 04:48 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
I had no trouble fitting mine, fit was perfect

Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
i had to force my cages around to get the IC's in my 3.5". Then had to trim one of the connectors to the plenum as it wouldn't clip in.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:01 AM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
I can only speak for the 5.7" cores.

I had zero fitament issues.

I did not use the clip in tubes, I used hose clamps with slide on hoses.

Everything bolted up and installed as advertised.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 AM
This is the 5,7" IC's mounted on another car. I noticed that this hanger looks different than mine.
Circled in red in looks like there is an additional mounting hole for the IC rubber mount. So an additional hole sitting lower.

This pic below is my hanger with 5,7" IC fitted. Circled in red - I dont have this additional mounting hole in the hanger.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 AM

Seen even better in this pic - this hanger is different from my hanger.
I dont have that little extra bracket with moutning hole for IC.
Can someone confirm if this is how your hangers look like?
Or if that is a customised hanger..

I am thinking that maybe mine is different because I have a really early 2000 996tt.

Last edited by krikra; 01-18-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 AM
Looking at PET, located the hangers, this second mounting point is clearly seen in the pic. So believe this is how teh hangers look and probably only the really early cars used a different hanger.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
here is an even better pic for u.

id say ur hangers may have been damaged, that or you have them the wrong way around

Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 AM
Defo not wrong way around

Old 01-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
I have a set of hangers from a 996tt if you need them.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:55 AM
OK, thanks Krazy, I will have a closer look at mine one of the next days and decide what route ;-)

Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Willy077
As I remember, those hangers on 2000-2001 models are different from 2002-2005 models
Yea that is also the conclusion that I have come to

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.