996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Picking up 996TT Cab this weekend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 10:25 AM
996TTNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Picking up 996TT Cab this weekend.

Checking in. Bought my first 911 a month ago. ‘00, Cab, and loved it. Found the 996TT Cab I’m getting and couldn’t resist. Lots of good info on this forum! I’ll be checking in with pics and comments soon. Happy to hear from anyone with words of wisdom about the car.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:42 PM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
I don't know about wisdom, but I can tell you it's a fantastic car - have one myself.

"Drive it like you stole it!"

And congrats!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ltrrhi.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	525350  
Old 05-05-2018, 06:27 PM
They’re twins, black on black. Mine has standard/stock rims though. Can’t wait to drive her home!

Old 05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute

Great ride, have the same one.. 2004 996tt X50 cab, triple black, really happy with mine and sure you will enjoy yours.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:19 PM
DaveMo will become famous soon enoughDaveMo will become famous soon enough
Welcome. Enjoy the car. It’s a fantastic auto.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:38 AM
The car I’m picking up does not have a windscreen. Does anyone know if all the 996’s cabs, including Turbos, accept a factory windscreen for a 996 911?

Old 05-06-2018, 09:47 AM
DaveMo will become famous soon enoughDaveMo will become famous soon enough
I was looking on Pelican Parts. There are a few models listed. There might be a difference between the wide body and the narrow body 911. Probably worth giving them a call to get the correct part number.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Bought it! It’s a fantastic car! And, the screen from my ‘00 911 fits. What a great car!

Old 05-07-2018, 07:32 AM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
Now just get rid of those amber side repeaters and you've got a stunner.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
Congrats, OP! Enjoy the $#!^ out of it!

Lots of good info here on this forum. Take a rainy weekend, pour a drink, and enjoy reading up on things like coolant leaks, which is the best oil to use (always a forum favorite!), wheel and tire sizes (another fave!), and lots and lots of opinions on everything from which color paint adds the most HP to which tuner's dad can beat up the other tuners' dads.

It's a great time in here. Welcome to the fold!
-V

Old 05-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks!

Very brief on the road check in. Just ran some southern Ohio backroads. OMG! Way too much fun! Cruising across the WV line, Top down, sunny, 72 degrees, and smiling my *** off! This is a magnificent car!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:38 PM
RallyBird is on a distinguished road
Car is beautiful. Enjoy!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Made it back to NC in one piece, no tickets, and zero issues with the car. Bought it with 29k miles, one owner, bone stock, Porsche dealer serviced, mint condition. No flaws, damn near like new. I’ll likely have her detailed and take some photos to share soon. Moved out the ‘00 911 to the driveway and put her in the garage.

Possible items... new stereo. Apple play, new amp. Bose speakers are not bad. Love the idea of basic “tasteful” mods; tune, exhaust, etc. But for now, I’ll enjoy her just as the factory made her. More to follow.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:45 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 996TTNC
Made it back to NC in one piece, no tickets, and zero issues with the car. Bought it with 29k miles, one owner, bone stock, Porsche dealer serviced, mint condition. No flaws, damn near like new. I’ll likely have her detailed and take some photos to share soon. Moved out the ‘00 911 to the driveway and put her in the garage.

Possible items... new stereo. Apple play, new amp. Bose speakers are not bad. Love the idea of basic “tasteful” mods; tune, exhaust, etc. But for now, I’ll enjoy her just as the factory made her. More to follow.
Great score, mine off to the alignment rack after a few suspension mods.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by 996TTNC

Exactly what I did: Pioneer Carplay touchscreen and Alpine amp. The Cobb Accessport V3. Next: full Euro suspension - -20mm ride height. At some point, I'll do something with the exhaust.

Enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picking up 996TT Cab this weekend.