COBB OTS Tune question - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored by:

COBB OTS Tune question

Old 11-10-2018, 05:12 PM
NASDboy is an unknown quantity at this point
COBB OTS Tune question

First of all hello, and apologies if this was asked before but after spending hours I couldnít find a definite answer, I just replaced my 01 Ferrari 360 with a 02 996 Turbo, and I am loving the car, Ferrari guys may kill me for saying this but what an upgrade! The only thing I donít like about the 996TT is the factory exhaust which Iím replacing with a Tubi next week, followed by a Cobb OTS tune, Iíll be happy with a Stage 1 tune but it says car needs to be all factory for that, Stage 2 suggests an after market exhaust however, but Iím not sure if stage 2 is safe to run at all times as Iíll be dailying the car, if I can run stage 1 with Tubis Iíd rather do that, thanks in advance!

Old 11-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Etchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant futureEtchhead has a brilliant future
With Tubi- Stage 1 or 2 will work perfect for you. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 11-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Thank you! Stage 1 it is !

Old 11-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome! Yes Stage 1 means you can run it on a stock car and with upgrades it's ok but with exhaust you can also go stage 2 which is designed to take advantage of a performance exhaust.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]
Old 11-10-2018, 10:30 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
make sure you've heard the tubi....it's nothing like a tubi on a 360...my tubi on a 6t was meh

Old 11-10-2018, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Congrats and welcome! Yes Stage 1 means you can run it on a stock car and with upgrades it's ok but with exhaust you can also go stage 2 which is designed to take advantage of a performance exhaust.
Thanks Sam! If it's safe to run stage 2 all the time I don't mind, I just wasn't sure if it's too much stress on the internals

Old 11-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
make sure you've heard the tubi....it's nothing like a tubi on a 360...my tubi on a 6t was meh
Yes sadly it doesn't sound anywhere as good as the tubi on a 360, I only got it because the deal was good and I trust the company

Old 11-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
These cars are very robust and mod friendly. That said if you are conservative you can still rest assured with exhaust and tuning you are far from the limits at Stage 2. Enjoy

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Old 11-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Thanks Sam! That's reassuring ! Will do stage 2 n let you guys know how the car feels

Old 11-11-2018, 01:18 PM
These cars are very robust and mod friendly. That said if you are conservative you can still rest assured with exhaust and tuning you are far from the limits at Stage 2. Enjoy
Forgot to ask you, trying to source a decent pair of intercoolers , should I just stick to my own ones or upgrade ?

Old 11-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
That’s the next bang for the buck to make the car run more efficiently and consistently and stronger. But without pushing her too hard. There are several options out there I’ve got a few options and year end discounts if you’d like to reach out I’d be glad to hook you up!

Old 11-11-2018, 02:25 PM
That’s the next bang for the buck to make the car run more efficiently and consistently and stronger. But without pushing her too hard. There are several options out there I’ve got a few options and year end discounts if you’d like to reach out I’d be glad to hook you up!
Followed you on IG I'll message you there for the hookup!

Old 11-11-2018, 05:22 PM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Sam will hook you up.
He is a great guy to deal with.
Always accessable and wanting to help out when he can.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Blk04996tt is an unknown quantity at this point
If the tubi isn't doing it, check into a Kline, high quality and makes a great sound when you want it to howl. Sam can set you up.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Will do! Haven't installed it yet, possibly late November, busy with a bunch of stuff

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COBB OTS Tune question

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.