996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSS9 Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
PSS9 Settings

Throwing in a set of PSS9 coilovers and 19" Champion wheels with Conti2- V Max tires today. A very wise but very old man told me to leave them on "full soft" which would be Setting #9. I don't track the car and would like to keep the fillings in my teeth. What would anyone recommend as a setting?

Also, how much did you drop your car from stock height?

Thank you gentlemen.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:17 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
You're older than me, you *****! I have more hair than you!

Where are the pics?

Old 07-01-2006, 03:29 PM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
You get a personal tour. Don't slobber okay?

6-Front, 5-Rear and no drop is the current mandate. I have one hour until they button up the rear compartment.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Don't leave them on full soft- trust me on this one Even with 19s. Try out 5 and 4 (in the rear) first. That'll feel pretty good. Don't go all soft though like that. The car will pogo around.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks Alex.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
JohnnyBeatles is on a distinguished road
I just did PSS9 with 19 IForged. I went 5 and 4...seems good.
JB

Old 07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
same set up.... 5/4

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 AM
..never gets enough..
McBurn4ever will become famous soon enoughMcBurn4ever will become famous soon enough
So you use a softer setting in the front than in the rear?

I had installed PSS9 together with Eibach sway bars a month ago and I have my PSS9 on "4", both in the front and rear. With this set up I really love the way the car handles, and the ridecomfort still is almost as good as with the original suspension.

Here's a pic from the track:
http://mcburn4ever.com/more_pic/0605...p/1mg_7436.jpg
It runs almost flat through the corners.

On the next trackday I will definitely try a even harder set up.
Maybe I should go for a "2/1" (front/rear) set up ???

My TT is a stage 1 (Hohenester Sport) with Europipe Quiet stage 2 exhaust and it runs on Pirelli Corsa track tires, 235/40-18 and 315/30-18

More pics:
http://mcburn4ever.com/more_pic/0605...orp/index.html

Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 AM
wbvega is on a distinguished road
Guys...the settings info is killer...i am looking at the PSS9's or TechArt Vario for my 996TT, question: If i plan to run 19" wheels, what is a logical lowering without fender mods or rubbing? is 25mm too much?

Basically if i could get it to sit like TonyNJ's turbo...i'd be stoked.

Let us know what y'all know.

Thanks!

Bryan

Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Here's my deal (for now).

They are set at 5-front and 4-rear with no drop "adjusted" into the coilovers. I have driven twice since and it feels soft to me. I am thinking of a 4/3 setting for the next test. Alignment has not been performed yet and I am running 40 lbs. in all four tires so I obviously need to fine tune. Any and all recommendations for inflation pressures would be appreciated....

The turn in on the fronts feels totally different from stock with much more steering wheel actuation now required. This is a function of the wheel/tire size revision I think but it feels very different, not bothersome, just different. I don't have a Vernier caliper or anything exotic like that but my car dropped about 1.25 inches with the change. As I said previously there was no additional lowering beyond where it sat naturally. It doesn't rub and I haven't scraped anything but I have only had me, myself and I in the car.

Thanks to all for your valued guidance.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:22 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
I am running 3/2, 30mm lower than stock. This leaves plenty of clearance and a nice stiff ride. You can still feel the springs give as you enter the turn, then it stiffens up nicely and holds the car level throughout the turn.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:38 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I too was running 4,3 and loved it. I decided to try 3,2 for a DE and liked the way it drove for 150 miles to the track. It is firmer but tolerable and less bouncing. I noticed same stiffness on a bump but much less bounce off of the bump (recoil). I later bought a gt3 rear bar and have it set on the second softest position and 3,2 on the PSS9 and the car is RAZOR sharp. I would reccommend the bar to any one. I think I could soften the shock some and the bar would still give me the flatness I desire. For now I will keep the settings because it feels as if i can manuver any turn at higher speeds even if the car gets unsettled mid turn. I have ridden in a friends car that runs like 1,1 for DE and it did not feel horrible. Stiff but very flat.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:02 PM
wbvega is on a distinguished road
good info maxwell...i like the lower look and your car, from the thumbnail, looks like it sits really nice.

BL

Old 07-04-2006, 02:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CamNeelyphile
Here's my deal (for now).

They are set at 5-front and 4-rear with no drop "adjusted" into the coilovers. I have driven twice since and it feels soft to me. I am thinking of a 4/3 setting for the next test. Alignment has not been performed yet and I am running 40 lbs. in all four tires so I obviously need to fine tune. Any and all recommendations for inflation pressures would be appreciated....

The turn in on the fronts feels totally different from stock with much more steering wheel actuation now required. This is a function of the wheel/tire size revision I think but it feels very different, not bothersome, just different. I don't have a Vernier caliper or anything exotic like that but my car dropped about 1.25 inches with the change. As I said previously there was no additional lowering beyond where it sat naturally. It doesn't rub and I haven't scraped anything but I have only had me, myself and I in the car.

Thanks to all for your valued guidance.
Try going to 3and2 but after that PSS9s feel a bit unsettled on street-type roads. It tends to pogo around a bit. The spring rate is not super-high and the car does weigh a good bit so don't tighten 'em up too much...