996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Popularity of Europipe Exhausts....???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
I hear that evoms and IA rip europipes off for the gt700 and more kits.

You "hear" that EVOMS and IA are engaging in wrongful conduct -- replicating EP products -- and, based on your undisclosed hearsay source, you take it upon yourself to publicly disparage both companies without citing any facts to support your pejorative conclusion. Well done Suman. Don't let the facts get in your way.

After talking to Stef, he also wanted me to let people know that the dyno graphs from IA's exhaust comparison is garbage. THe results were not correct.

Lol! Stef is now using you as his voice box and worse yet, his voice box to denigrate his competitors. Tell Stef that, if he has derogatory comments about his competitors, he should have the backbone to come here and post them himself, rather than soliciting a patsy to do his dirty work. Moreover, you have once again made a disparaging accusation -- that IA's test results are "garbage" and "not correct" -- based on hearsay alone, without citing any facts to support your pejorative conclusion. The facts are obviously not important to you.

Europipe is the best in the world.

Must be true since you say its so. However, if power gains are the benchmark for “best,” I hate to burst your bubble but EP is not at the top of any list I am aware of. Every EP exhaust I have seen retains the power robbing chamber mufflers. EP exhausts may sound fantastic and look great, but other exhausts will likely produce more power, and IA’s test results, that Stef is quick to label “garbage,” demonstrate this.

Craig

Old 03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Craig
that Stef is quick to label “garbage,” demonstrate this.
no no no I label Garbage I DO.

And by rip them off I mean take them off the cars craig not replicate a product sorry bout this misuse of words! haha

Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Evoms doesn not replicate anything of Europipe. I ment take off europipes for there gt700 plus packages. NOT REPLICATE!. PLus I dont have corner chambers on my europipe. Relax yoruself Im not bashing EVOMS. I have most of there stuff in my car so why would I do that. Plus Stef makes a great product. Just look at his welds compared to Fabspeed . RU kidding me. Sorry all of us dont want a loud straight chamber monster exhaust liek yours. But if I can get something that sounds exotic from a hand made exhaust maker over seas so be it. I WILL! Europipe is the bomb. IMO IMO IMO

I made my changes in the initial post.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
PS Craig your an EVOMS patsy!

Old 03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
PS Craig your an EVOMS patsy!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Suman,

First, it appears that I misinterpreted your "rip off" reference -- I apologize.

Second, regardless of whether it was you or Stef that labeled IA’s test results as garbage, the fact remains that you have not supported this conclusion with any facts. Absent factual support, I suggest that you refrain from such disparaging comments, particularly of a board sponser such as IA.

Third, I have never denigrated the quality of EP’s work. To the contrary, they appear to have a wonderful product and, if I were to purchase a traditional exhaust, I would strongly consider a EP. Their workmanship appears to be outstanding.

Fourth, when one declares that a particular product is the “best,” one should, IMHO, define what the “best” means. If the “best” refers to quality of fabrication, EP is right at the top. However, if “best” refers to power gains, I question whether EP is the “best.” IA’s test results would suggest otherwise, as would the design employed by EP.

Fifth, I would never suggest that any rational person purchase an exhaust like mine. It is ridiculously loud and, IMHO, sounds terrible (although other Porsche owners have stated that, in a side by side comparison, it was no louder than a Fabspeed). My SO hates it. My neighbors hate it. My clients and work colleagues hate it (when I attempt to converse with them on my cell phone). However, while I admittedly do not have empirical data to back up my hypothesis, I am confident that my exhaust produces more power than the vast majority of other exhausts on the market. It was designed first and foremost for power gains. I personally define “best” as “most powerful” and, in this regard, I am confident that my exhaust is among the “best.” Markski has a similar exhaust system on his car.

My point is simply that, when dealing with exhausts, there are inherent and unavoidable trade-offs. Sound attenuation requires restrictions on air flow. Therefore, the more an exhaust attenuates the sound, the more it restricts air flow. The most free-flowing exhausts will have little or no sound attenuation (e.g., straight pipes). Most race car exhaust systems do not have any sound attenuation (unless required by the circuit rules). My exhaust has a little sound attenuation by virtue of the straight through mufflers, although admittedly not much. Chamber mufflers achieve much more sound attenuation and sound much better, but impair air flow. The balance between sound attenuation and power gains is an entirely subjective determination, and there is no right or “best” answer. Some people think even an EP exhaust is too loud, and prefer the muted sound of a Ruf exhaust.

Lastly, while I support EVOMS and IA, among others, I am anything but their patsy. In contrast to you, who admittedly posted that which Stef asked you to post, I merely stated my opinion, which happened to be supportive of IA and EVOMS (more so of IA, rather than EVOMS). I was not asked to post anything.

Again, I apologize for misinterpreting certain aspects of your prior post. I genuinely hope that your forthcoming EP exhaust is everything that you seek in an exhaust. I have no doubt that it will be a wonderful product with outstanding quality.

Regards,

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 03-08-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed when this garbage talk about "drone" starts up? "Exhaust A drones at 2540-3754 rpm", or "Exhaust B drones during full moons on Tuesdays at 9pm", or "my exhaust C is droning like crazy"?

What is this nonsense? I've never seen a "drone-meter" or "drone noise tester". "Drone" is a completely subjective and personal term, with no basis in objectivity. What is "drone" to one person is music to another. All exhausts make noise - stock or otherwise - get used to it. A Lexus SC400 owner probably thinks the stock TT exhaust "drones".

Go listen to a bunch of exhausts and choose the one that fits your tastes. Don't listen to these moronic comments about any imaginary "drone".

Old 03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed when this garbage talk about "drone" starts up? "Exhaust A drones at 2540-3754 rpm", or "Exhaust B drones during full moons on Tuesdays at 9pm", or "my exhaust C is droning like crazy"?

What is this nonsense? I've never seen a "drone-meter" or "drone noise tester". "Drone" is a completely subjective and personal term, with no basis in objectivity. What is "drone" to one person is music to another. All exhausts make noise - stock or otherwise - get used to it. A Lexus SC400 owner probably thinks the stock TT exhaust "drones".

Go listen to a bunch of exhausts and choose the one that fits your tastes. Don't listen to these moronic comments about any imaginary "drone".
I totally agree with you, everyone has their own opinion of what drone is, its impossible to really gauge which exhaust is best for each person, go find a friend on 6speed thats local with the exhaust you want and hang out with them, grab dinner together take the car or something idk anything.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23

My exhaust doesn't drone

Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 PM
fdb996c2 will become famous soon enoughfdb996c2 will become famous soon enough
I bought mine (II Loud) because it sounds really ****ing cool and is built like a brick ****house. If what I'm hearing is "drone," I'll have just a little bit more.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
My exhaust doesn't drone
But then have a person who nags alot go out with you in your car and they'd say "Oh god whats that noise?! Oh my god its driving me nutssssssssssssssss"

Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't know if my exhaust drones . . . its too damn loud to hear any drone.

Craig

Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Build quality, sound, and improvement in flow....for me I love it. I also think that sound is quite personal so you should try to hear it before you buy anything.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I absolutely love the Europipe Loud, Cargraphic loud and my RUF 590 LOUD, all 3 have an exotic resonance while cruising or revving and under boost sound like jets LOL!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
I don't know if my exhaust drones . . . its too damn loud to hear any drone.

Craig
LMAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Popularity of Europipe Exhausts....???