996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Popularity of Europipe Exhausts....???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Suman, We have to get together soon! as soon as the weather breaks. I would love to listen to that bad boy........tom

Old 03-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Blue Bayou is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Europipe Stage 2 Quiet

Great sound, well made and no drone...

Agree there are lighter exhausts that give better hp gains. However, I have not had any issues getting strong HP numbers running the GT700 package.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
i have listened to all the EP clips on thier site. sounds like even stage 2 loud is too quit for me.

i have 2nd generation tubi and absolutelly love it! i will try to take some sound clips for you guys. it is LOUD!!! plus the tips look like the car means business.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:04 AM
ramone is an unknown quantity at this point
For those of you that have the EP II Quiet how much more aggressive/loud is it compared to stock (in person) ?

I have heard/watched the vid clips on their website but its impossible to tell how an exhaust actually sounds in real life from a vid clip. Apreciate some first hand impressions comparing it to stock thanks ...

Last edited by ramone; 03-12-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Ramone, I have the EP S2 Q and they sound just fantastic. At low rpm, they are about as quiet as stock, but when you get on them they sound great...definatel louder than stock, but not obnoxious. No kidding, my favorite mod to date! Oh yeah, I have a cab! And they get better with age.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
ramone is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Ramone, I have the EP S2 Q and they sound just fantastic. At low rpm, they are about as quiet as stock, but when you get on them they sound great...definatel louder than stock, but not obnoxious. No kidding, my favorite mod to date! Oh yeah, I have a cab! And they get better with age.
Thanks for the first hand experience. Do you have a tip or a stick ?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
6 speed manual...is there any other?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
You all sound like Bayer shareholders ;-)
Isn't there a physics explanation behind what people describe as "drone" ? The cabin of a car is a giant resonnance chamber, if you hit it at the right frequency, the sound wave will be amplified instead of being attenuated. Some cars expose comparable phenomenons with their sunroof open, creating a resonnance at 30 or 40mph if you don't crack one of the windows open.
The exhaust note is nothing but a complex spectrum of harmonics, some of these frequencies may be amplified to the point they create uncomfortable resonnance I have witnessed certain exhaust mufflers hit that resonnance frequency, like the old Tubi mufflers for 550s which used to create a nearly unbearable resonnance around 2000 rpm, making stop and go trafic nearly unbearable (Tubistyle actually changed the design in 02 following customer complaints). I can very well conceive that some TT mufflers do it too.

Anyone in the Bay Area running EP2 quiet ?

Old 03-14-2007, 10:29 PM
TurboLove is on a distinguished road
I had to jump in since I too am looking for a more aggressive sounding exhaust than the stock I currently have. I did have a few questions:

1) what's the difference b/w EP Stage 1 and Stage 2 loud and Quiet?
2) I understand for a stock TT, Stage 1 is good enough? why? (smaller turbos is what I am told k16 vs k24)
3) who in the Los Angeles area is a good installer? (BTW, I used to live in Bay Area and SharK Werks would have been my choice....)

thanks for all the help guys!

cheers!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ze_shark

Anyone in the Bay Area running EP2 quiet ?
Yah im still trying to decide on an exhaust for my 02 TT and would love to hear both the loud and quiet before i make my decision. Anyone in the bay with either of these up to take me for spin in a couple weeks?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Jesus guys,

Go see Sharkey if you are in the Bay area,
this is not like trying to solve the mystery of the holy grail.

MK

Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Jesus guys,

Go see Sharkey if you are in the Bay area,
this is not like trying to solve the mystery of the holy grail.

MK
Yah i guess you're right...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
You "hear" that EVOMS and IA are engaging in wrongful conduct -- replicating EP products -- and, based on your undisclosed hearsay source, you take it upon yourself to publicly disparage both companies without citing any facts to support your pejorative conclusion. Well done Suman. Don't let the facts get in your way.

Lol! Stef is now using you as his voice box and worse yet, his voice box to denigrate his competitors. Tell Stef that, if he has derogatory comments about his competitors, he should have the backbone to come here and post them himself, rather than soliciting a patsy to do his dirty work. Moreover, you have once again made a disparaging accusation -- that IA's test results are "garbage" and "not correct" -- based on hearsay alone, without citing any facts to support your pejorative conclusion. The facts are obviously not important to you.

Must be true since you say its so. However, if power gains are the benchmark for “best,” I hate to burst your bubble but EP is not at the top of any list I am aware of. Every EP exhaust I have seen retains the power robbing chamber mufflers. EP exhausts may sound fantastic and look great, but other exhausts will likely produce more power, and IA’s test results, that Stef is quick to label “garbage,” demonstrate this.

Craig
Craig,

Stephen and I had a basic disagreement about that test. I don't believe we need to rehash it approx. four years later.

Just for the record, one of the most powerful 996tt/GT3 turbo's will sport a Europipe exhaust. Now go figure.

Last edited by cjv; 03-15-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I have never heard a Europipe. Exhaust sound in totally subjective.

I LOVE my Remus. Definitely louder than stock. It's pretty quiet when cruising and has a deep baritone howl full tilt. You can hear the turbos spinning through the pipes but only because the exhaust pitch changes as the exhaust pulses whoosh past the spinning turbines. There is no whistling. I really like the light popping under deceleration as well. Like most exhausts it does have some resonance at 2-3k RPM which depending on your mood can be a little tiring especially when climbing a hill. I am no pro but I think this is just the harmonics of this engine as most people seem to suffer at least slightly at these RPMs.

A lot of exhausts I have heard sound gurgly in comparison. You can literally hear the turbos whistling through the pipes which I don't like (some people like this).

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 03-15-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Feast your eyes boys. This is a prototype Stef calls the Europipe XXL. I call it the Bazooka. This is my second Europipe. I previously had an EP2L. What a swwet exhaust thay was. I recieved an e-mail update every day or 2 showing pictures of the progress as Stf hand crafted this beast. It is the same weight as stock, but has 1/4 the backpressue of stock and 1/2 the back pressure of the EP2L. Stef and Herman are a class act. I would never consider using anything but Europipe. I'm glad to hear they are seriously considering a regular production system beyond the EP2L. FYI, Kevin @ Ultimate Motorworks is the exclusive Europipe distibutor in North America AFAIK.

Witness, the Bazooka.....
Zippy,

Where did the Bazooka idea come from?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Popularity of Europipe Exhausts....???