996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:06 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
New Cab

Well, summer finally came to these parts and I really missed my convertable! Plus, having the Cayenne TT kind of made the 996 TT sort of redundant. Now, before I get any owners of Turbos (red ones in particular) up in arms, I am in no way comparing the handling chracteristics, etc. of a Cayenne TT to a 996 TT. What I am refering to is the fact that they are both blindingly quick, twin turbos, and have sunroofs, NOT drop tops! Anyway, I came across a lightly optioned A/S with G/G (what an easy color to keep clean!). So far I've added 19" Cargraphics and I have Aerokit II skirts and an '04 GT3 front bumper at the body shop. I've also got some aluminum look interior upgrades planned. My only beef is that there is so much space between the tires and the fenders that it looks like a Cayenne in terrain level! Here's a pic (thanks to my friend Kevin):

Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
nice eric! couldn't stay away from the open top weather, eh?

your prev CLK55 was a cab, if I remember correctly

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-11-2003, 06:55 AM
Gery is on a distinguished road
What, no rear spolier?

Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
Peter, it was.

Gery, did Kevin put you up to that? Actually, I love the Carrera rear spoiler. I'm going to get everything done then see.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:01 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
ESK - may I tease you a bit...........

Old 07-11-2003, 09:56 AM
doncapecod
Yeah Eric..I'll tease a bit also

Carrera spoilers rule! This will give you an idea of what yours will look like. This is before I had the TT rear put on.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Looking Good

Congrats!! What kind of deal did you get?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
Stop teasing me or my wife will get mad at you!

Duane, the car listed for $80,915 and I paid $72,000.