996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PSE installed, 1st impression

Old 07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
PSE installed, 1st impression

it's loud. coming from stock to this muffler i can hear the diff. I have a sport exhaust on my M3 by remus, it sounds smooth. This one is just loud. I guess it takes time to get used to it. While driving home, it turned some heads (don't know because of noise or just looks of car)...
at the same time i miss the smooth sound, but oh well. I can always put the stock ones back in future.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:55 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Absolutely love my PSE ...

and have since the 1st time I heard it on another P-car! I especially love how it sounds above 3500 - 4000 RPM; to me, it's absolutely awesome!

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the PSE gets "louder / deeper" as you break it in (i.e., I noticed a big difference after 5k miles). My car was ordered with the PSE and electronics so I have only turned it off twice ... and that was just to remember what it would sound like if it was still stock. For me, I will always prefer the PSE.

Now two side notes re: PSE. It has a) saved me from 2 speeding tickets, and b) one potential disaster with a deer.

In scenerio A, I was "spared" a speeding ticket because the officer got too anxious and triggered his radar too soon. Since the PSE sounds really good above 3500 RPM (which is easy to exceed in 2nd gear), he obviously thought I was really tearing up the road!! In fact, I was only going 35 MPH ... good thing for me he didn't wait just a little bit longer! Long live the V1 and PSE!

The deer jumped back into the woods instead of wandering out in front of me in a curve when it heard me accelerate after passing the apex ... again, another testimony of the PSE!

I hope you like the sound grows on you as it has me. Best of luck.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Re: Absolutely love my PSE ...

Originally posted by russbert

The deer jumped back into the woods instead of wandering out in front of me in a curve when it heard me accelerate after passing the apex ... again, another testimony of the PSE!

I hope you like the sound grows on you as it has me. Best of luck.
Hmmm...then riddle me this...?

Why is it that a dumb woman driving a dually couldn't see me...or HEAR me with my Fabspeed Bypass Pipes....?? Hmmm...me thinks you were just lucky! Or found a smarter than average deer!

Congrats on your PSE

Old 07-22-2004, 10:42 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Absolutely love my PSE ...

Originally posted by RobynC
Hmmm...then riddle me this...?

Why is it that a dumb woman driving a dually couldn't see me...or HEAR me with my Fabspeed Bypass Pipes....?? Hmmm...me thinks you were just lucky! Or found a smarter than average deer!

Congrats on your PSE
RobynC,

Or even perhaps a deer that was smarter than the dumb woman driving a dually! Fortunately I was headed directly toward the deer (right hand sweeper) so that, plus the noise, made me a very lucky dude! Sorry to hear about your "close encounter with the weird kind". I hope it wasn't too serious.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Absolutely love my PSE ...

Originally posted by russbert
RobynC,

Or even perhaps a deer that was smarter than the dumb woman driving a dually! Fortunately I was headed directly toward the deer (right hand sweeper) so that, plus the noise, made me a very lucky dude! Sorry to hear about your "close encounter with the weird kind". I hope it wasn't too serious.
My close encounter was TOO close...but she is all back to looking beautiful again. And I think you had a point there...she was as stupid as a rock.

I enjoy hearing the comments on the PSE. Interestingly enough, I found it slightly lacking in sound...not loud enough for me. But, it sure does sound good. And if I had a Cab, I'd have PSE for sure.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:45 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Remus makes an exhaust for the 996, fyi....I have the PSE and yes it is loud, and slightly hollow in my opinion....

Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
2nd day impression

very nice sound, loud, but it sure does turn heads. as far as cabin noise, it's not too bad. I guess that is why so many people like it.