996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Our little run in with the Law….

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Our little run in with the Law….

Chad & I decided to take a nice drive to Bass Lake this morning,
its about 45 miles from Fresno, there are some nice open and curvy roads for us to let the PSE’s roar away!! After getting to Ducey’s at Bass Lake we had some lemonade and discussed Chad’s race car ..damn you Chad. I want one now!!! We then headed back down the mountain, and as we were coming around a blind corner the V1 lights up about 2 seconds later a Highway Patrol flies by…now at this time were doing maybe 65.. just a little over the limit..but my problem was that I was hugging that double yellow line..(you know trying to get the best apex)… so after passing him I saw a nice residential area that looked so perfect for taking some more unnecessary pictures.. So we chatted for a bit.. took some pics… than headed back down the road....about 5 miles later the V1 lights up.. I then brake, and he then turns around… I then slam it in 3rd and punch it.. Chad pulls the e-brake whips a 180 and heads the other direction…. J yea right.. ok back to the real story..so he does turn around follows us for about 30 seconds then gets in front of Chad and then proceeds to pull me over… Chad was nice enough to pull over too so this is where the fun starts… he pulls his gun.. ok maybe it was his pen.. but it was shiny like a gun.. He then asks “why were you trying to hide from me?” I say “Hide we just pulled over to snap some photos ....look here is the camera” he says “I turned around right after you flew by me on the center line”
I say “Im sorry sir we didn’t see you turn around” He says “I was doing 110 to catch you guys.. and then I pulled over another Carrera thinking it was you” I thought he was joking…. I laugh really loud ..…yea right.. I was smelling something coming from my shorts I said “Im really sorry sir, we honestly stopped to take some pictures… If I would have know you turned around we would have pulled over”.. Then his tone changed from mean and pissed to nice and courteous! this was a good sign!!! He asked for my Drivers License.. then proceeded with the lecture about the center line.. and then let us go!!! Thank the lord!! I shook his hand and said “Thank you sir”… then I changed my shorts and we headed home..slowly I wish we would have take a picture Of him pulling us over… oh well next time Chad…. Oh and further down the road we saw a Black Cab parked on the side of the road..We are sorry that we got you pulled over!!

Unnecessary Picture

Thanks Chad for the good times

Last edited by Kevin M; 07-12-2003 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
You had me up to the point of the 360 turn and heading in the other direction - that would be a 180.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Ooops thanks Eric.. I like the Edit feature here

Old 07-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Toothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really nice
Sorry I missed all the excitement!! I ended up getting that 84 turbo look. Man do I need that new garage!The outside looked really nice, the inside needs a little work, but what do you expect for something 20 years old. I'll have to get a few pics up to show you guys. Hope to see you soon.

Chris

Old 07-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Modaholic
Awesome & Congrats on your new toy Chris!!! I posted pics of it on the air cooled 911 section.. Yea you missed a fun and scary day.. but yours was cool too!!

Old 07-13-2003, 12:30 PM
C.Plavan will become famous soon enough
Kevin-
That was a great drive. I feel sorry for the poor SOB in the other Black Cab that WAS pulled over first. I knew the CHP would back track. I'm soooooo happy we did not get a ticket for anything. I'm also glad he was not around when we got up to 130 on that "little" straight. I do not think we would have been that lucky that time. We pressed our luck to the max that day.
If I was a real &*@*, I would of kept driving while you got pulled over .... you owe me one

Old 07-13-2003, 01:01 PM
KevinTT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Kevin M;

Nice story!

Did the cop see your V1?

Kevin

Old 07-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I hope I have your luck next time..................

Old 07-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Modaholic
No but it was blowing up the whole time.. I shut the engine off
right away so it would shut up.. you can't see it outside the car....

Yea thats twice now that I have been pulled over and let go... I hope the third time is not a charm