996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Anyone swap out the amber for blue or white LED?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
fourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone swap out the amber for blue or white LED?

I'm not crazy about the amber console lights. Anyone replace them? I just saw a kit on eBay and wondered if enyone had done this and where you got the kit?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fourempties
I'm not crazy about the amber console lights. Anyone replace them? I just saw a kit on eBay and wondered if enyone had done this and where you got the kit?
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...+lights+change

Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all

Does this only change the digital lights to blue or is there a way to change all the instrument lights? My biggest reason is that my HU is blue and I'd like it all to match and since I can't change the HU this might be they way to go.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 AM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Yes. FYI, changing the aircon lights is also possible but requires some light soldering.

http://www.porscheleds.com/

Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
tb996 is on a distinguished road
Yes, I changed mine over a year ago, got mine from porscheleds. Have a look at this thread [has pics]
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ulbs-leds.html
It is about a 4 hour job to resolder all the LEDs on the climate control and extreme care needs to be taken.
I bought a second climate unit to dismantle and solder and then sold the original just in case I screwed it up.
The other LEDs in the instrument panel are very easy to install but be careful to get the polarity correct or they won't do much.
One downside is the main beam indicator comes out a greeny blue colour rather than blue.
I think looks the business as I really hated the orange. Good luck

TB

Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
i swaped everybulb in my car to led...

looks alot better and it cheap

Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM
LexGrossman is on a distinguished road
Omar, where did you get that front end? And does it include the LED running lights?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Anything for a 2004 911? Porscheleds.com kit only works with 2001 and below.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 AM
fourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond repute
What color are th cluster lights on a 2004? Don't some later models p-cars have blue cluster lights stock?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
I have orange/amber.