996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Who has 15mm spacers on front?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Who has 15mm spacers on front?

I've done the thread search and found some pretty decent threads on wheel spacers, but I would like to specifically hear about putting 15mm on the front of a C2 NB. I have after market GT3 look alike wheels with 225/40/18's. I used the H&R method of measureing and it looks, to be perfect, I would want 10mm. So I'm afraid 7mm will be too little and 15mm may be too much in the front. The rears, 285/30/18s fill the wheel well nicely.

Thanks in advance. Pictures and first hand experience welcome!

Don

Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
15mm front. Hope this helps Don. Thanks for the call.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Well, most people would use 5-7mm spacers in the front, understanding that you have a set of replica wheels GT3 which probably have a 50mm off-set, with 5mm you'll be at 45mm with a 8" front if that is what you have....

You might want to post up some more info on your wheels if you want solid feedback other wise you'll get a bunch of "General replies" such as "I've got 10mm on mine and they are wicked".... LOL

Using a wide spacer on a stock wheel is not impossible but something aftermarket is more than likely to cause issues.

You need to base your spacer use on what you are working with and not on what everyone else is using...

-Eli

Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don't know the offsets because I bought the car with the wheels. I do know the tire size, naturally, and the front wheels are 8.5" and the rears 11". I don't even know who the mfg is.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Don
OK, I'm home and have the wheel off. No idea who makes this wheel, but there is a mark that says is 50. I'm assuming that is the offset...if that helps.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don
OK, I'm home and have the wheel off. No idea who makes this wheel, but there is a mark that says is 50. I'm assuming that is the offset...if that helps.

OK, if you have a 50et using a 8.5 wide then I would try to keep it close to 45et. as on an 8.5 IME (experience) this will have a nice clean look. You are welcome to go a little more aggressive by moving out a little more but my personal preference is to keep it flush.

I'd say 5mm should be fine, but you can always do the washer test, go pick up some flat washers (check to make sure they are the same thickness, sometimes you'll bump into a brand that are not cut right) and slide them in to simulate spacers. Once you have achieved your desired look simply measure the stack of washers and there you go...

If you were local I could to have you come by where we would be happy to slide on a couple of sets in order that you could make up your mind.

Hope it all works out for you,

-Eli

Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Dervish is infamous around these parts
I have the exact same. ET50 GT3 'style' wheels running H&R 14mm spacers... (5mm rear)

Ignore the stickers, they were for Le Mans 24hr...

Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Don
Thanks for the reply you have a great looking car. I'm amazed that your fronts have 14mm spacers. They almost look like mine w/out spacers. I ordered the 15s from Damon at TireRack. I'll update this post once they are installed. Thanks again for taking the time to reply and post pictures.

Last edited by Don; 08-25-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Wow.....that looks familiar.

I'm running 10mm now with my Champion RG5's to get them flush.

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
15mm front. Hope this helps Don. Thanks for the call.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Don
OK, I ordered the 15's from Damon at TR and they are PERFECT. Thanks everyone!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
On a 8.5 wheel with 50mm offset with 15mm spacers make that a 35 offset right? Do you have any pictures? i have 8.5 with a 52 offset and it sits too far in and I was thinking 15mm would be too much.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Don
OK, I just went out and took these with my iPhone. I hope they help. It's hard to judge with pictures so I put a 2' level up the wheel to show how far the edge of the wheel comes out relevant to the fender.

Attached Images    
Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
That looks nice. Are you lowered and what camber do you run? I'm on H&R and -0.8 camber in the front.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
15mm up front and 7mm in rear.... 8"et50/10"et65. It really depends on the alignment on how far it sticks out.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Don
I only have H&R lowering springs and no customer camber, nothing special.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has 15mm spacers on front?