996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

RS engine mounts -- WOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
jr2
jr2 is on a distinguished road
RS engine mounts -- WOW!

Just had the first drive after having the RS engine mounts -- WOW! Rock-solid feel, esp going over bumps, and meshes well with the ugraded suspension (PSS9/GT-3 sways/links).

Well worth the $400 for the parts from Suncoast and $144 labor charge from my independent.

Stock hydro-elastic mounts had some wear but did the change for the upgrade rather than out of any necessity.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i have solid engine mounts and i def like them more than my stock ones

Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
what kind of feel they give you over the oem?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:33 AM
jr2
Originally Posted by gu9cci
what kind of feel they give you over the oem?
less flex over bumps, shifter seems more directly connected (also replaced the stock plastic linkage with an aluminum billet linkage), cornering seems more composed

best way to say it that car feels more like a single block of metal -- more of a "unified" feel of driving one solid mass instead a bunch of parts screwed together, if that makes any sense

Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
i see...that is answer i want.any negative site?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Great feedback, this seems to be the common impression of the RS motor mounts. Glad you're enjoying them.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
any diy?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
jr2
Originally Posted by gu9cci
any diy?
Not by me -- my indy does all!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
CWhaley is on a distinguished road
they really do make a world of difference with the car.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Ya I love mine... I did them along with all my suspension work, wheel and tire change, and light weight flywheel and new clutch.

Talk about a new car...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Rezaroy is on a distinguished road
How long was the install and was it difficult

Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Should only take about 1 to 1.5 hrs of work. With a jack and standard tools you should be able to hanlde this job.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Do the RS motor mounts make that much of a difference? Especially on a tip?
I'll be doing power steering pump along with redoing the exhaust again so I'm thinking might as well do the mounts also.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM
The mounts will make a significant improvement.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rezaroy
How long was the install and was it difficult
http://p-car.com/diy/motormount/

For the 993 but effectively the same process, easy DIY...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS engine mounts -- WOW!