996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Headlights

Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Thklinge can only hope to improve
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 AM
AnakChan is on a distinguished road
Thought I'd update this thread too :-

Available for pre-order on Design911at 599GBP or USD$958.40. Much more reasonably priced than eBay back in Dec '10 :-

Code: 986631000
http://www.design911.co.uk/pages/pro...earch=LED+head

Old 04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
They look very nice. Someone: Quick, buy them! I'd love to see them in action and see how they look in the dark. The LEDs around the near beam projector looks like **** in my opinion and I hope it's possible to disable them and just have white leds in the "v" at the bottom for parking lights. Also, in some countries it's illegal to have Xenon lights without headlight washers. That might be a problem for some (these lights are not compatible with headlight washers).
Also, do they have a height-adjustment motor? So the original manual height adjustment or (for cars fitted with factory hids) automatic height adjustment works as it should?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 AM
I actually asked them a few questions but they can't answer as they haven't received the product themselves. My questions to them were as such :-

1) I currently have a LHD car in Japan, but like the UK, driving on the
left hand side. Should I be picking up the LHD version, or the RHD?

2) My current headlamps are the original Porsche Litronic Xenon. I'm
guessing the LED headlights would have a standard bulb for the low/high
beam for the primary light. Would I be able to use the Xenon HID bulb
into the LED headlights for low/high beam primary light?

3) I believe in Japan, the indicator lights need to be orange. Is that
available for both the clear/chrome finish and smoked, or do I have to
buy the smoked for the orange indicator LED light?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I can answer the last one. The bottom "v" has two sets of leds (if you look closely on pics where the lights are off you can see two seperate leds in each reflector), one for white and one for orange. The white ones will probably stay lit at all times (as the parking lights on your OEM headlights). The yellow ones flash with the indicators/hazards without the white ones turning off or doing anything else. So you have orange flashers no matter what version of the headlight you choose.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks. I wasn't certain if they were one light (I couldn't see the 2xLEDs) with two colours or an option you had to choose at the point of purchase (see post #33 by VIPR ETR on previous page).

If you're right, that's good to know. Now hopefully Design911 can answer the 1st 2 questions. I'm guessing that for Q1 I should be buying RHD lights even though I have a LHD car since I drive on the left side of the road (like UK/SE Asia, Oz, etc.).

Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Preorder at Design911 bumped to 30th of May...

Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I didn't order but I'm just wondering if that meant it's delayed or the 1st batch for 20th April has now been fulfilled and the next batch is 30th May?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Fulfilled without anyone on here or rennlist posting pics or saying they've ordered them? Possible, but probably not that likely?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
I'm going to order them for sure .. I'll ler you guys know ASAP how they look first week of June

Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if they'll make them for MK II cars...

My headlights are badly chipped up, and I've been considering refinishing them or even ordering new ones. This might be an interesting option to consider...

Old 04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
VIPR ETR is on a distinguished road
Omar let me know when you get them, you'll be the Chicagoland ginnie pig. I would love to get these!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Interesting.. wonder if they use the original HID internals or if it is a completely new setup... will like to see more pictures when they show up and after they are in the car.

I have headlight washers.. doh...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 04-22-2011, 04:08 AM
That's my fear too...I don't have headlight washers but I've got Litronic. If I can transfer that over, that'll be great. Unfortunately Design911 cannot answer my questions until they've received the product themselves.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
The lights are now gone from Design911.co.uk... Hmm.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights