996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Yea,these things have been F*@#ed since they have been introduced.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Thklinge can only hope to improve
What's ****ed about them?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Thklinge
The lights are now gone from Design911.co.uk... Hmm.
Any further information on these lights? Has anyone ordered them yet? Any updates are appreciated. Anyone know who the manufacturer is so we can contact the manufacturer directly?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 AM
+1

I was looking to buy these.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 AM
AnakChan is on a distinguished road
SpeeddemonC2, I think it'll be fair to say that what you've seen here on this thread is about as much as anyone knows. Seems everyone here are pretty open about sharing on what they've found (which aside from cropping up on Oz' eBay, and later design911 then retracted, no real progress).

Having said that, this LED headlight has popped its head up one more time, on a Taiwanese site :-

http://www.hwautolamp.com/product/98260.html

I've sent them an inquiry however I get the feeling this establishment is looking more for distributors or resellers that they can deal in bulk rather than end-user sales.

Sean

Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 AM
rgriep is on a distinguished road
I like them! I don't know if I am crazy about the positioning of the l.e.d.'s though. They might look a little funny coming down the road at night. They should just put a strip across the bottom section of the headlight.
I agree;-)

Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by rgriep
I agree;-)
Not sure, I'd sure like to see them on the car, at dark to decide if they're crap or cool..

Old 05-27-2011, 12:33 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
I sent an email to Design911 in the UK and received a response this morning saying they are not YET available but will be in 2-3 months.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Thklinge
Not sure, I'd sure like to see them on the car, at dark to decide if they're crap or cool..
I would agree. My hypothesis is that while the LED positioning may not be ideal, they are bound to "upgrade" the look of our 996s, now getting on a bit in age! The 997s and 987s with the LED DRL's integrated into the bumper look cool comingdown the freeway!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM
So the Taiwanese company only deals with distributors and resellers. They referred me to their local Japanese distributor of which quoted me Y137,800 (USD$$1700) for a delivery in mid July.

That's quite a bit more than Design911's price so I'm gonna give it a miss.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Anak .... Get me the company's info I'll contact them and try to make a large order and sell them here on the forum

Old 05-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Omar, in that case click on the link I gave above (Post #65). There's a way to reach them from there. That'll be really cool if you could do a deal with group buy.

Cheers mate!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Buying anything from Japan is bound to be expensive. If we are talking about a July delivery anyway, I would suggest also talking to Design911 in the UK from whom we may be able to get a better price. Design911 will likely negotiate a European market price directly from the Taiwanese manufacturer. So a bulk order from them may be/possibly be attractive. Jsut a suggestion...

Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AnakChan
Omar, in that case click on the link I gave above (Post #65). There's a way to reach them from there. That'll be really cool if you could do a deal with group buy.

Cheers mate!
sent an email , i have a small business, ill see what i can do about making a huge order through them and set up a group buy here on this forum, i asked to order 10+ pieces so if we can work a deal ill keep everyone updated !!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
lol i called and no one speaks english and they hung up on me ....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights