996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

IMA TWIN TURBO kit installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:42 AM
rokkoutaishi is on a distinguished road
Smile IMA TWIN TURBO kit installed

I purchased the used IMA TWIN TURBO kit from 6SPEEDER three months ago And I installed all myself for two months. A scavenge pump, injectors, and oil line fittings is needed in addition to a kit. The computer is tuned up using E-MANAGE ULTIMATE and is running with 6.3PSI boost (There is still some uncomfortable point depending on MAF sensor, but no hesitation with WOT). If someone who want to install turbo kit which has no DME option for cable throttle '98-'99 996, it is able to manage by e-manage ultimate, piggyback controler. I am evidence.
I have never dyno yet because I use inner silencer to make exhaust sound quiet, which restricts exhaust flow = reduce power. It is toooo loud only the "pipe" so I have to make muffler at first!!

I appreciate Ivan@IMA MOTOR SPORTS which gave me advices, though the kit was traded one.

PS
Dan@vivid racing, I exchanged many informations about the turbo kit of your company but did not purchase after all because of problem that how DME to be managed at that time. But later, control by E-MANAGE was in prospect and then used twin turbo kit was there timely. I am sorry but greatly appreciate your kindness.

Attached Images      
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 AM
fast996 is on a distinguished road
Hi have a write up on Emanage setup \wiring? hope u dyno soon

Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by fast996
Hi have a write up on Emanage setup \wiring? hope u dyno soon
You can deal with all wiring if you have repair manuals wiring diagram except for ignition. About ignition, DME case have to be opened and need soldering because E-manage is only able to manage the base of the transistors (Ignition signals that DME outputs is collector).
Above is for DME5.2 and it may not be applied to later DMEs.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
RobbC will become famous soon enoughRobbC will become famous soon enough
I was at IMA the other day and Ivan showed me the twin turbo's he builds and with it on a 996. What a nice setup!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Mufflers added

I have finally made and install mufflers, that make car more silencer. But the greatest effect is to be able to perform a smooth exhaust gas flow, boost increases more quick, smooth and stabl.

This time, I took logs by E-MANAGE to check how much turbo evolves performance. The time, 100km/h -200km/h(62mph-125mph) was about 10sec with 6.5psi, this is 4.4sec faster than stock (3.4L carrera Tip). Of course faster than stock TT, and almost the same as GT3 03-.

If no mufflers, which makes max flow, it may be more faster.

Anyway I am satisfied very much!!

Attached Images   
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 AM
EHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the rough
That is some amazing looking exhaust work, did you do that yourself?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by EHGray
That is some amazing looking exhaust work, did you do that yourself?
I have no skill to make like this The car speciality shop made.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Erik Nordling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rokkoutaishi
You can deal with all wiring if you have repair manuals wiring diagram except for ignition. About ignition, DME case have to be opened and need soldering because E-manage is only able to manage the base of the transistors (Ignition signals that DME outputs is collector).
Above is for DME5.2 and it may not be applied to later DMEs.

Hi

Picking up this old thread about E-manager.
Im struggle with my installation of a AEM F/IC 6 Piggyback (a similar product like E-manager) And I have big problem with the ignition signals.
Its seems like the Motronic dont like the signal for the Crank sensor from my Piggyback even if its a nice Sine Wave (checking with a Scope) about 5 Volts
The Signal from Sensor(befor my Piggyback) is 20 Volts so that maybe the problem but talent people I have talked to say it shouldn´t be a problem...

Anyway I have starting to build a signal amplifier to raise the signal to 20 Volts -I hope this work.

-Any toughts someone??

//E

Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 AM
stephan_porsche will become famous soon enough
Do you have any Dyno Sheets to post? I made 470hp on 5.5lbs of boost. My 60mph-120mph was 8 seconds. I'm interested to see the differences in the two different systems.

Last edited by stephan_porsche; 10-04-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:44 PM
Rupert Moran is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Rokkoutaishi,
I know its a 5 yr old thread, but are you still around ? I`d like to talk about IMA turbo kits. cheers, Rupert

Old 11-13-2016, 09:45 AM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Go with TPC single turbo kit .

Old 02-21-2017, 02:47 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
I'm more curious about tuning with the greddy e-manage ultimate or tuning with any other piggy backs. I know this is an old post but if any one has any other piggybacks that they are using please chime in.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:22 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
I bet a lot of his problems were from the MAF setup. Really should of maintained the draw through vs push through. I had both style systems on a Novi 2k and draw through was perfect on the partial throttle.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by B8_RDC
I bet a lot of his problems were from the MAF setup. Really should of maintained the draw through vs push through. I had both style systems on a Novi 2k and draw through was perfect on the partial throttle.
996tt use a push through, how does this effect driveability w/ partial throttle

Old 03-06-2017, 11:56 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BiteEmNBeatEm
996tt use a push through, how does this effect driveability w/ partial throttle
The MAF is on the intake side of the turbos right after the air filter. Draw through.

Edit:

Last edited by B8_RDC; 03-07-2017 at 12:19 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IMA TWIN TURBO kit installed