996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Troubles being a new P-Car owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Troubles being a new P-Car owner

Hi all...

I am a new owner of a P-car...I will post pics soon. I know car forums and I know the rules..I am breaking them by not posting a pic. Sorry. I will shoot some this weekend. I just recently picked up a 2001 996 Cab in Silver.

But here is the latest "dillema" about this car...HATERS! How do you all handle the comments and snide remarks you get from owning these cars? I barely got the car on Monday..and already..I have heard stuff all over work.
"Oh he must be a spoiled rich kid"
"oh he is a drug dealer"
"oh we must be paying him too much"
"oh he thinks he is bad *** now"
I mean its been 3 days...and already people are talking crap! How do you guys handle haters? I hate nosey people and now that I have this car...all these people have a comment to share now! What gives?

or am I the only one experiencing this?

Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
I work in a large company so it is easy to not notice what kind of car someone drives...but when someone does there are interesting comments. Such as how can you afford a Porsche working here? Bottom line is I bought the car for me not for what I think others will think of me with the car or in the car! Until you own one and drive it you can't know the pleasure it brings. So enjoy the car and ignore the talk.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
It could be worse, they could be making comments about a '78 Datsun.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
happened to me to 3yrs ago when I got mine. Infact it still happens every now and then. You just get used to it. I usually just agree with what someone says.

"Oh he must be a spoiled rich kid" - YUP!
"oh he is a drug dealer" - YUP!
"oh we must be paying him too much" - YUP!
"oh he thinks he is bad *** now" - YUP!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Jurichar is on a distinguished road
I definatly feel your pain man. I have the exact same car as you, except in black, and I get the same stuff ALL the time. I may actually get it a little worse for two reasons: 1. Im 23 (22 when i bought the car 5 months ago) and even worse 2. I work at wal-mart! lol.

Everyone wants an excuse for other's success i.e. rich mommy/daddy, drugs, yada yada. Some people just dont have respect for people that work hard and reward themselves. Just be careful so the upset/jealous dont take their frustrations out on your baby!

Screw em and enjoy your car!

[EDIT]
I should probably add...im a pharmacist at wal-mart. If someone could afford a porsche working as a regular associate at wal-mart they would be my hero

Last edited by Jurichar; 10-19-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
I would love to hear Mike S's neighbours comments

Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jurichar
I definatly feel your pain man. I have the exact same car as you, except in black, and I get the same stuff ALL the time. I may actually get it a little worse for two reasons: 1. Im 23 (22 when i bought the car 5 months ago) and even worse 2. I work at wal-mart! lol.

Everyone wants an excuse for other's success i.e. rich mommy/daddy, drugs, yada yada. Some people just dont have respect for people that work hard and reward themselves. Just be careful so the upset/jealous dont take their frustrations out on your baby!

Screw em and enjoy your car!

[EDIT]
I should probably add...im a pharmacist at wal-mart. If someone could afford a porsche working as a regular associate at wal-mart they would be my hero
23 and a pharmacist, you're my hero...heck i can't even spell it I had to cut and paste!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
happened to me to 3yrs ago when I got mine. Infact it still happens every now and then. You just get used to it. I usually just agree with what someone says.

"Oh he must be a spoiled rich kid" - YUP!
"oh he is a drug dealer" - YUP!
"oh we must be paying him too much" - YUP!
"oh he thinks he is bad *** now" - YUP!

"oh he must get paid for taking pictures of hot women" -YUP

Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Jurichar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
23 and a pharmacist, you're my hero...heck i can't even spell it I had to cut and paste!
Lol, thank for the kind words. I was actually 22 when i finished my doctorate, one of the youngest ever. I got through one year of college and realized i wanted out as fast as possible so i could start my toy collection....so i did Thanks again though!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Yeah...thats the price you pay....My wife wont even let people know about the P-Car....funny the other car is a Range Rover and cost us more, but people assume a Pcar is the most expensive thing you can get....I even got it in my Boxster....It was a 25k car!!!! I told people a loaded Accord cost more and they were like yeah right....If you REALLY hate it...but a Civic Hybrid and drive it to work....then talk about everyone ruining the planet without one...lol...

Old 10-19-2006, 10:55 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
f-em....people talk, can't do nuthin about it. just live and enjoy your life the way it was mean't to....in a P-CAR!! LOL

Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JNRSM3
f-em....people talk, can't do nuthin about it. just live and enjoy your life the way it was mean't to....in a P-CAR!! LOL
fancy mr turbo man!

Old 10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
i know u are but what am I

Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JNRSM3
i know u are but what am I
short gay chinese dude

Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
short gay chinese dude
u'r just jealous

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Troubles being a new P-Car owner