996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

04 C4S specs

Old 02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
SorTurbo is on a distinguished road
Talking just ordered - my 04 C4S specs

HI,

Just put down a deposit for an April build C4S. I was going to wait for the 997 4's but who knows when they are being released and couldn't wait that long. Besides this will put me in good timing for trading in for a 998

Here is the car:
Slate Grey exterior (love that dark grey)
Graphite Grey interior

options:
Rain Sensor / Dimming Mirrors
Bi-Xenons
Porsche Sport Exahust
Heated Seats (I am one of those who use them all-year-round)
PCM (have it on the Cayenne and now can't imagine life without it)

I was only able to get 2K off
I don't know if the order is final - what would you have added or taken out?

James

Last edited by SorTurbo; 02-11-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
ScottW is on a distinguished road
That sound pretty close to perfect in my opinion. Here's a few items that you might want to consider:

-Alum Shifter/Brake (This is the one thing I really wish I had, but it makes a bigger difference with black interior)
-Bose (not great, but better than HiFi)
-Painted Rear Center Console (would look good with that color combo).
-Thicker steering wheeel
-Storage bin lid in leather with Porsche crest

-Scott

Old 02-11-2004, 08:27 PM
thanks Scott,

seems like the general consensus is that Porsche interior is a bit bland wihout one or two interior options. I will look into that and see if I can change. what wheels look good with the Slate grey interior?

TIA

Old 02-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Renee is on a distinguished road
Interior

I have another suggestion....I agree that the graphite grey interior can be a bit bland by itself. Try to find pics of gg interiors with deviating black carpeting. That's what I would do...plus the suggestions noted above. I think then your car would be really neat....

Renee

Old 02-12-2004, 06:08 AM
Jax03C4s is on a distinguished road
I have a 03C4s in the same colors. I added some CF and have black carpets on the outside I painted the S on the lid in Red to match the brakes and also the S in the ceter caps. Looks great. My wife has a cayenne s in GREY/Grey also doing some changes to hers now.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:53 AM
genelap is on a distinguished road
options on C4S

Just received my 04 C4S, four weeks ago, options that I ordered.
Atlas Grey,Heated Seats,Bose Hi End Sound Pkg,Seats Black Full Leather,Black Mats,Xenon Headlights,Sports Seats Full Leather,Techinal Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes,Carbon Door Sil,Porsche Crest In Headrest,Interior-Brake Shifter/Carbon/Alum.

Old 02-12-2004, 07:18 AM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
I found one and ready to buy

Perfect options:

Basalt Black/Black
Litronic
Bose
Yellow Belts
PSM
Stainless Steel exhaust pipes
Alum Dial
Carbon Shifter/brake

Old 02-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Ok guys - thanks a TON for the input

here is the finalized deal

Slate Grey exterior
Graphite Grey interior

options:
1. rear windshield wiper (NE people recommend for the nasty weather IF using as a daily driver)
2. rain sensor / auto dimming mirrors (have this on the Cayenne and I think it is a great creature comfort)
3. Bi-xenons (because I do a lot of night time driving think xenons change the look of the car, but on the other hand I think they may draw more unwanted attention from the cops)
4. PSE (didn't order BOSE, but usually I find myself turning the stereo down in the Cayenne to hear the sweet P-car engine music)
5. heated front seats (I use them all year round and aftermarket ones suck!!!)
6. lumbar support - driver and passenger (can't be comfortable while my hunny isn't)
7. center console in exterior color (seems that many seem to think that plain Graphite interior is dull)
8. deviated stitching - seats (black) never seen it, but I hope it is a good touch
9. aluminum shifter / parking brake (seems popular)
10. PCM (used to use the direct connect thingy in my MERC but comared to NAV it sucks)
11. one very happy and excited Pcar guy who is open to mod suggestions for the future

Old 02-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the order.

If you have to save a few bucks, you can have us do the console later and save about $400 over the factory option. Your choice.

I like the options you've selected.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
Look at my Signature

Old 02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
ScottW is on a distinguished road
James,

I'm sure you've seen or already have the order guide, but if you or anyone else needs them, they are here:

http://www.suncoastporsche.com/guides/index.html

-Scott

Old 02-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks Scott - might have saved me a lot of time earlier, but it's good to have - printed the whole damn thing out

Curves4S - nice nice, I am guessing your interior is black?

Eric - Ordered the consolse, do you do seat back coloring? Also I'm gunna have to order some plugs for the car when the time is right.

03C4S - where in Jersey do you live? I'll be moving to Basking Ridge this coming summer (June Julyish) checked out your pics but none really have deviated stitching...

Old 02-14-2004, 05:23 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by SorTurbo
Ok guys - thanks a TON for the input

here is the finalized deal

Slate Grey exterior
Graphite Grey interior

options:
1. rear windshield wiper (NE people recommend for the nasty weather IF using as a daily driver)
2. rain sensor / auto dimming mirrors (have this on the Cayenne and I think it is a great creature comfort)
3. Bi-xenons (because I do a lot of night time driving think xenons change the look of the car, but on the other hand I think they may draw more unwanted attention from the cops)
4. PSE (didn't order BOSE, but usually I find myself turning the stereo down in the Cayenne to hear the sweet P-car engine music)
5. heated front seats (I use them all year round and aftermarket ones suck!!!)
6. lumbar support - driver and passenger (can't be comfortable while my hunny isn't)
7. center console in exterior color (seems that many seem to think that plain Graphite interior is dull)
8. deviated stitching - seats (black) never seen it, but I hope it is a good touch
9. aluminum shifter / parking brake (seems popular)
10. PCM (used to use the direct connect thingy in my MERC but comared to NAV it sucks)
11. one very happy and excited Pcar guy who is open to mod suggestions for the future
Good options, When I had Graphite Grey interior, I also order Deviating MetroBlue carpets to give it a little contrasts but I guess thats just personal taste. Congrats