996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by johnnyreb2010
why would you do that? i couldn't imagine if i was looking to buy that car & didn't know what kind of molestation you've put it through, but i'm sure you'll show any prospective buyers the tape first, right!
wow you suck, its just a car...

Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zookie
My GF is Driving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzantWDQ3QI

here is the Full Footage from the Show

http://www.vimeo.com/13287033
Z, I haven't been at the 6 in awhile, good to see your wheels movin out. very cool sound. good luck with the GF, my lady doesn't want to drive my car, or even ride in it usually. Can't say I mind all that much.... she just closes her eyes when I can get her in there for even a short trip. check out the twin-turbo Burk put in his... the spooling up sound is also very cool. best, j

Old 07-24-2010, 01:03 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hey guys, nice rides!!!

I haven't been on 6speed that much yet so haven't figured out yet how to post larger pics..

That said here's my C4S, it doesn't have the "carrera 4s" logo in these pics (new decklid) but it is on right now (red S).

Cheers,

Sid.
headlights are interesting. I've seen similar stuff on this forum over the years. how did you get yours done, if you dont mind sharing....

and consider painting the lower trim all the way around...also looks very good on some of the cars here.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 PM
johnnyreb2010 is on a distinguished road
its just a car?

Originally Posted by Zookie
wow you suck, its just a car...
man, you must have to much money to burn or won the lotto, first time i've ever heard that a porsche is JUST a car, guess when you get a little older you'll appreciate that hard earned money, if yours was hard earned, guess i have a lil' more respect for my vehicles .

Old 07-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by judgejon
headlights are interesting. I've seen similar stuff on this forum over the years. how did you get yours done, if you dont mind sharing....

and consider painting the lower trim all the way around...also looks very good on some of the cars here.
Don't mind at all , I've got Techart headlight masks (from P. dealer) but the combo with the customized 997 GT2 bumper makes it work IMO (don't think there's anybody kicking around here with that on a 996 ).

I had the urethane lip painted on my other P. but it's freaking disaster!!
The front lip gets way too much contact with the road up here... but at least I've gotten rid of the flat black side skirt and replaced those with Precision Porsche 997 GT street look ones.

The rear bumper is going to be replaced with the 997 GT street Techart this winter.

Cheers,

Sid.

Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by judgejon
Z, I haven't been at the 6 in awhile, good to see your wheels movin out. very cool sound. good luck with the GF, my lady doesn't want to drive my car, or even ride in it usually. Can't say I mind all that much.... she just closes her eyes when I can get her in there for even a short trip. check out the twin-turbo Burk put in his... the spooling up sound is also very cool. best, j
Thanks man... Take your Lady to the Track she will love it, might change things :P

Originally Posted by johnnyreb2010
man, you must have to much money to burn or won the lotto, first time i've ever heard that a porsche is JUST a car, guess when you get a little older you'll appreciate that hard earned money, if yours was hard earned, guess i have a lil' more respect for my vehicles .
lols yea dude whatever floats your boat...

Old 08-14-2010, 12:53 AM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
Okay, here's another silver C4S

Name:  c4sdsh.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  34.9 KB

Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
Gotta keep this thread going... the calling all cabs thread is starting to gain some ground.

Anyway... here is my baby. It is an '02, 39k... ish miles, fairly stock but still looking pretty good in my somewhat tainted opinion!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
dailydriver that is a beautiful and clean 4s!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks man.... It had two previous owners who obviously babied it. I am doing my best to preserve the beauty, but given that it is driven everyday, and I am planning some track time in the VERY near future (and hopefully on a consistent basis) I'm not sure how long it will hold its' current look.

I am looking at suspension options now, but not sure which way to go. I know it needs to be lower, but am strugling with the neverending question "how low should I go?".... Seriously I am just not sure how much adjustability I truly need in the suspension (ROW or a PSS10 for instance). Also trying to figure out if the car needs spacers with the stock wheels...

Anyone have pictures of a stock wheel setup with and without spacers?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Atalpesplata is on a distinguished road
Summer

Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Atalpesplata is on a distinguished road

Old 08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
mmmmmm..... purdy!!!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Car Washed by a few new friends!

This past Saturday I was in the Stony Brook area and came across a car wash even which was run by... SORORITY GIRLS from Stony Brook University! Thought I'd share the 2 pics that I took.

Name:  DSC0097175editedcropped.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  93.6 KB

Last edited by FlipMo; 08-24-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
2nd of 2 pics from the Sorority Car Wash!

Name:  DSC0097275editedcropped.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  97.6 KB

Last edited by FlipMo; 08-24-2010 at 11:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread