996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Official 996 C4S Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
My shop uses Motul on my PCar and all the PCars.....

Originally Posted by FlipMo
I'll be changing my oil soon, but I was just wondering if anyone use ROYAL PURPLE in their C4S? And if so, what weight do you use? Is it really that much better than what I've been using? I've been using Mobil1 0w-40. A friend of mine uses Royal Purple in his Benz and swears its the best oil out there, but I wonder if it's the best oil for my C4S Cab?

Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by boochook
My shop uses Motul on my PCar and all the PCars.....
What weight?

Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
SCIronMike is on a distinguished road
Used Optimum Opti-seal for the first time today.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlipMo
I'll be changing my oil soon, but I was just wondering if anyone use ROYAL PURPLE in their C4S? And if so, what weight do you use? Is it really that much better than what I've been using? I've been using Mobil1 0w-40. A friend of mine uses Royal Purple in his Benz and swears its the best oil out there, but I wonder if it's the best oil for my C4S Cab?
Not a C4S but on my 99 C2, I use RP 10w40 and add 2q's of 20w50 on top of the 10w40's in the summer. I "feels" smoother than M1 but I'm sure it's in my head. To be honest, I've felt more difference using RP's in other cars than in the Pcar.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
[quote=SCIronMike;2958317]Used Optimum Opti-seal for the first time today.

Wow, talk about clean...Looks great!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by geetee
Not a C4S but on my 99 C2, I use RP 10w40 and add 2q's of 20w50 on top of the 10w40's in the summer. I "feels" smoother than M1 but I'm sure it's in my head. To be honest, I've felt more difference using RP's in other cars than in the Pcar.

Thanks for the input. I might just try your "blend" of RP on my next oil change (unless someone seriously advises me against it, lol)

Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I was probably one of the biggest skeptics of Royal Purple as there are many of those gimmicks out there.

As I found out with my previous cars, RP definitely seems to be a great oil alternative. I haven't tried it on my Porsche yet but on previous cars, they ran smoother and revved "easier" without sounding stressed. As previous poster noticed not too much difference with Porsches and I venture to guess that RP is more beneficial to high revving engines or track cars(example, 8-9k redline motors)

Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
if it 'feels smoother' and it 'revs easier', its because you're using thinner oil and its not giving you as good of protection!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Jacaba is on a distinguished road
Now that's a beautiful Porsche! Keeping to its original design, without the makeup, makes it one of the most beautiful Porsches. I never tire of looking at its lines. You show extreme patience from being tempted into making external changes that are not original in design.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Ready to Carry "Hay" for my GF's Horse...

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Farzooq.....looks awesome brother!!!! Is that the OEM setup???

Originally Posted by Zookie
Ready to Carry "Hay" for my GF's Horse...

Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Farzooq.....looks awesome brother!!!! Is that the OEM setup???
Yea OEM Porsche Racks but VW Cargo Holder http://www.1stvwparts.com/product_in...roducts_id=471 , ill get more Pix later in the week

Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 AM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SCIronMike
Used Optimum Opti-seal for the first time today.

looks just like my C4S except I have the dual oval tips and painted crests on the hubs...
still holding off on many mods.... Burks twin turbo is on top of the list.... well, after painting the bottom trim to match the rest of the car.. and turbo-P Alaruds still pending.
oil would have to be Red Line... 15-40 for mild temps
and last I checked, T= Tau. so would that be SDT.? sigma delta Tau? never heard of that one. so maybe what you have really transposed is an STD?

Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Hahahahahaha Jon...... STD..... hysterical my man.

Definitely get IMA's twin turbo kit. I truly love it and it keeps getting better every day. I took the GT2 wing off and went back to the stock retractable to be even more unassuming.....hahahahaha.....

Originally Posted by judgejon
looks just like my C4S except I have the dual oval tips and painted crests on the hubs...
still holding off on many mods.... Burks twin turbo is on top of the list.... well, after painting the bottom trim to match the rest of the car.. and turbo-P Alaruds still pending.
oil would have to be Red Line... 15-40 for mild temps
and last I checked, T= Tau. so would that be SDT.? sigma delta Tau? never heard of that one. so maybe what you have really transposed is an STD?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
More pics or ban for life.... hahahaha

Originally Posted by Zookie
Yea OEM Porsche Racks but VW Cargo Holder http://www.1stvwparts.com/product_in...roducts_id=471 , ill get more Pix later in the week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 996 C4S Thread