996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Kenwood DNX7100 with backup camera, bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
Kenwood DNX7100 with backup camera, bluetooth

Just got my Kenwood Nav 7100 unit installed with a 10 disc CD Changer, Bluetooth, and backup camera. Also got the Valentine 1 mod concealed unit installed flush with the batwing area where the heated seats are. The system retains the factory amp and speakers and sound 30% better than the factory head unit, IMO.. which is extremely significant for me, I love it! Very happy with it, the sound is clean, louder, and more than I need. Thanks pOrsch3 for all your info and help!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:28 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
congrats! Enjoy....

Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 PM
chaud
Looks great!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Confused is on a distinguished road
Looks great. How about a pic of the rear camera in action!

Last edited by Confused; 08-12-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:55 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
very nicely done! They did a great job on the surround trim, and the V1.

Yeah I too was surprised how much better the sound from the factory system is with the 7100 head unit. amazing.

Here is a Porsche wallpaper if you want to use it- Right-click, save as.
You need to use an SD card to load the wallpaper into the unit.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Mother will become famous soon enough
Nice job, can this screen be used for all the backgrounds? Or does it still appear blue in ther other screens.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mother
Nice job, can this screen be used for all the backgrounds? Or does it still appear blue in ther other screens.
It is static for all backgrounds- btw I didn't make it, I 'borrowed' it from someone else

you can make up any background you want in photoshop or similar, just give it the right dimensions and make it a .jpg

Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pic, pOrsch3. I've been searching google for the right pic but yours is the best so far. Does the background image used for the start up screen also..instead of saying Kenwood, then loading?

I'll post pics of the backup as soon as I get my reverse lights working. The circuit that ties the reverse lights and driver's mirror is shorted for some reason and I'm bringing it in to Porsche tomorrow.

I absolutely love the bluetooth handsfree integration with the unit. A definite must-have. It uses the speakers as the receving end and has a microphone mounted by my console lights for the sending. Although, I have to yell due to wind noise and turbulence with the top down at highway speeds.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Mother will become famous soon enough
Give us a trhrill

Originally Posted by p0rsch3
It is static for all backgrounds- btw I didn't make it, I 'borrowed' it from someone else

you can make up any background you want in photoshop or similar, just give it the right dimensions and make it a .jpg
Lets see what it looks like with the JPG. It would be interesting if you can still see the touch buttons.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wheelman
Thanks for the pic, pOrsch3. I've been searching google for the right pic but yours is the best so far. Does the background image used for the start up screen also..instead of saying Kenwood, then loading?
no- the Kenwood boot screen is not changeable unfortunately.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mother
Lets see what it looks like with the JPG. It would be interesting if you can still see the touch buttons.
Mother- Of course the touch buttons are visible...
All the .jpg does is replace the default blue kenwood background, which is also a jpg.

The only drawback is the buttons tend to cover the image so you must take this into consideration when making the background layout so it looks decent.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:43 PM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Wheelman
Just got my Kenwood Nav 7100 unit installed with a 10 disc CD Changer, Bluetooth, and backup camera. Also got the Valentine 1 mod concealed unit installed flush with the batwing area where the heated seats are. The system retains the factory amp and speakers and sound 30% better than the factory head unit, IMO.. which is extremely significant for me, I love it! Very happy with it, the sound is clean, louder, and more than I need. Thanks pOrsch3 for all your info and help!

My local dealer cannot find the AC trim piece for relocating it down in the console area. Do you know the part #? Please help a fellow 7100 owner out.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Freier is on a distinguished road
great set up. I'm about to have this unit installed myself, nice to see it installed and hear that it's an improvement.

Enjoy!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
My local dealer cannot find the AC trim piece for relocating it down in the console area. Do you know the part #? Please help a fellow 7100 owner out.
I posted a reply in your other thread, and saw that another 6speeder gave you the p/n.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 AM
tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by c2mojo

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=pocket

See post #17 for part numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DNX7100 with backup camera, bluetooth