997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another PSS10 installation

Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Thank you guys. Will check them out later in more detail.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:34 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Gene, no mention of the sway bars. Did keep your stock bars? I've been considering the H&R bars that have just come on the market.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Larry,

On either Rennteam or here on 6speedonline, Gene mentioned having the GMG sways on order but I think he decided to cancel them when he found out that they were still under development.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
TurboBill is on a distinguished road
Atomic, I spoke on the phone to Fabryce about them 2 weeks ago and I could have sworn he said he had them in stock. I recall a post he made here 3 weeks-ish ago discussing them. I was planning on having him install a set for me, along with the Bilsteins.

Originally Posted by atomic80
Larry,

On either Rennteam or here on 6speedonline, Gene mentioned having the GMG sways on order but I think he decided to cancel them when he found out that they were still under development.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:43 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
The GMG units are Eibach sourced and on backorder. The H&R's are available immediately from AWE. I was under the impression the stock GT3 units would not work with the factory sway links (they are cheap though) and the front bar needed to be installed upsidedown to clear the front differential?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:36 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Ok, after doing further research with the help of Cantrell Motorsports, it appears that the H&R kit doesn't have are adjustable high misalignment rod end droplinks to adjust out the swaybar preload. It looks like they just use the factory droplinks which don't allow enough movement when making hard turns. The shop has seen factory links break quite a few times because of this. It looks like the best solution for me would be to go with the H&R sways instead of the GT3 sways (which actually costs more) coupled with either aftermarket or GT3 droplinks.

I'm taking my car to Cantrell Motorsports tomorrow so that they can look underneath and get to the bottom of the whole thing. Stay tuned!

Last edited by atomic80; 11-16-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Jason,

the Bilsteins come with a beefier drop link for the sways. I ran into the issue of not enough movement for turning as well. The solution is to mount the links to the outboard side of the sways instead of the inboard side.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Eugene,

Colin at Cantrell still thinks that the Bilstein droplinks are not "beefy" enough to use with the H&R sways. He recommends going with Tarett Engineering droplinks. The droplink attachment point is on the strut pinch bolt rather than the attachment ont he PSS10 so the droplinks are half the length and much stronger.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Man this is getting complicated. Scott at Bilstein said the only things he would change would be possibly the ride height and the camber. No need to change the sways, or other alignment settings. But of course everything is dependent on what sort of handling solution your looking for. It would be nice to have the diameters of all the sways for comparison purposes. So far it seems there is a difference between the Eibach's and the H&R's. I'd like to know what the diameters are for the GT3 and the stock turbo sways.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Eclou tracks his car. Jason doesn't but wants the feel of a track car on the street

So do I haha.

My suspension guy told me I would waste my money on the sways but of course he knows I am street only and doesn't want it to ruin my ride quality.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Exactly, Alpine. I'm trying to improve the feel of my car without compromising the ride characteristics. I'm aware that by going with larger sway bars, that might happen but there's only one way to find out. I'm told that the H&R would probably work the best because of the larger rear bar. With the AWD of the Turbo, the rear sway will improve the turn-in feel.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
If you're not tracking the car, then I would strongly suggest sticking with the oem sway bars. If you are not familiar with car setup leave it alone, you can really hurt the handling of these cars or any car by jacking around with adjustable suspensions. Gene tracks his turbo and has a lot of solo track experience, somebody with less experience may do better with seat time. You just can't throw equipment at a car and make it a track car, I wouldn't even run R compounds until you are maxing out the street tires- you will know when this happens.
OK I'm off the soapbox.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Doug - get off the soap box would ya

Someone has to be the guinea pig don't they? Elcou and I were with the US Spec Bilsteins and now Jason can be with the H&R Sways

Jason I understand where you are coming from in many respects and since the car will be up on the lift and suspension is apart it would make sense if you are thinking about changing up the sways that this would be the best time.

I am sure many of us are interested in the feedback. We have Gene for track and street and many of us for street only but with some track feel.

Doug - "I live my life one Texas Mile at a time"

Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 AM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eclou

Nice....very nice!

Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Banned
Tony - PES will become famous soon enough
Gene,
car looks great! Thanks for your honest support.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another PSS10 installation