997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Yet ANOTHER domination for GTR...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Oh $h!t. Guess I am screwed being from Texas.

Just please pm me with the next clothes, car and watches I need to buy
Well I'd say you've got good taste driving a Ruf R Turbo.

Texas gets props for exporting their hot girls to California.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned
240ka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Reading comprehension is something you don't get, along with grammar.

Why don't you take time to re-read your post. You said you rely on your personality and looks, I think that classifies as saying you're 'hot'.

Please, make yourself look stupid talking about cars, not looks.

as i said, the fact that i rely on my looks and personlity to get chics and not a car says something about me and alot about you. but me saying that, If you take it as me saying im HOT ****-Believe what you want. but what i said and your interpretation to it are two totally differnt things

as i said. you need seem to need a car for you self esteem. i dont

Last edited by 240ka; 03-25-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
This is getting out of control, and my buddy scvet you just wanted to stir the pot even more LOL, it also bested your z06 too fool, when you getting your Gallardo?

Btw 240, in the price range that the gt2 is someone buying it is not going to expect looks and attention from it, thats not why we buy these cars !

Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLM3
This is getting out of control, and my buddy scvet you just wanted to stir the pot even more LOL, it also bested your z06 too fool, when you getting your Gallardo?

Btw 240, in the price range that the gt2 is someone buying it is not going to expect looks and attention from it, thats not why we buy these cars !

bro when i said that Im not saying all Pcar owners by anymeans.

Im pointing out the ones that speak like this other guy. who basically said that he gets the cars b/c of image and people seeing him in it.

he even went to the extent of speaking o nthe LA scene. and that you basically should keep up with the joneses out there by having an expensive car. im and actor and getting ready to moving out there next august. and fitting in is the last thing i care about. im my own man, with my own style-marching to the tune of my own drum

but please dont understand my comments to be directed at everyone b/c they arent. its the ones like this guy. i have friends with extremely LLLLLOOONNNGGGG money. and they can careless less about the badge a car wears or showing off in anyway.

if they did they wouldnt let us touch their cars let alone let us drive them when ever we feel. its just another car to them

Last edited by 240ka; 03-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Me thinks some of you are taking this WAY too personally. Let it go, guys, especially you 240ka. Bottom line is we're all car enthusiasts here. This has nothing to do with who gets all the girls or who looks/acts hot. I personally couldn't care less whether you look better than me or if you got all the girls or not. For me, all I care about on here is what car I like.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by atomic80
Me thinks some of you are taking this WAY too personally. Let it go, guys, especially you 240ka. Bottom line is we're all car enthusiasts here. This has nothing to do with who gets all the girls or who looks/acts hot. I personally couldn't care less whether you look better than me or if you got all the girls or not. For me, all I care about on here is what car I like.

agreed, i buy a car for its performance, capabilities and livablilty amoungst other things. not its badge. topic dropped

Old 03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I fail to see the significance of 0.1 seconds to 60. In 1989 Nissan was touted as building a "Porsche beater" when they launched the 300zxtt. I bought one and it was a great car but it wasn;t long before I noticed certain details which differentiated it from the Porsches of that era . Simple liitle things like an interior so flimsy I had to customize it or ablind sport in the rear view mirror were enough to get my attention at first BEYOND the numbers . My point is that most of the comments on the Gtr are directed at one thing -- performance . Even with performance the difference is minimal enough to leave doubts .
It's probably a great car and decent value --but it's not a Porsche and keep in mind that Porsche has yet to release a facelift 997tt .

If bang for the buck perforance is all one is after I would buy the Nissan over the M3 and even consider keeping the difference on the Porsche. However I am not only interested in .1 second to 60 . I buy Porsche because it's my little part in owning a piece of automotive history . The Porsche 911 with it;s rear engine design and decades of production is work of art to me.

The Nissan is just another fast car which will be replaced by other fast cars . It's disposable in that manner until it proves itself with 40 years of production . But hey --I'm going to be 50 so if the Gtr still gets the applause that the Porsche has gotten 40 years from now maybe I'll buy one on my 90th birthday .

My guess is --no one will even know what the GTR is 40 years from now but all will remember the significance of the Porsche 911.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-25-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by atomic80
Arling, you're right...it's the experience!

One thing that shocks me is the size differences between the R34 and R35. Check this out!
Doesn't look realistic...

Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
How doesn't that look realistic? It's definitely not Photoshopped!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
93oh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 240ka
agreed, i buy a car for its performance, capabilities and livablilty amoungst other things. not its badge. topic dropped
What car is that?

Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 93oh
What car is that?
Was wondering the same thing. .

Old 03-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 93oh
What car is that?

as i already said before "topic dropped"

Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
93oh is on a distinguished road
as i already said before "topic dropped"
Oh that one . . . New model?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I thought this guy got banned already!

Besides that was the drifting episode for the TT, look at the video and sector times. The TT was slower in two corners by 5mph than the M3 on waisted tires.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

But you wont be buying a GT-R

TOPIC DROPPED!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER domination for GTR...