997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PCCB’s Factory VS Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
It is only the first push on very wet conditions then it is ok.

Last edited by Alcyon; 11-25-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
SSmokybear is on a distinguished road
One last comment.

MovIt informed me the since the rotors will outlive more then a couple of my vehicles, I should remove the rotors when we sell the vehicle and call them so they could make us a new hat (if needed) and a new set of pads so we could bolt on the rotors to a new vehicle. So I never have to buy another set rotors again.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
So did I read a prior post correctly in which Movit will sell and support their ceramic rotors and pads with the Porsche calipers? If so, what is the price of that config?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
The Movit stuff looks great, I hope it is affordable... (less than 10k) for the rotors and pads. I hope its larger than the current disks as well.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
SSmokybear is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Verde
So did I read a prior post correctly in which Movit will sell and support their ceramic rotors and pads with the Porsche calipers? If so, what is the price of that config?
Don't quote me here as I do not have the invoices in front of me, but I believe the rotors with new hats were like $3500 US each and the pads were like $600 a set. Still less expensive then a replacement set of new PCCB rotors at $4500 each. Now on the deal we did with my 996 TT S was new hats and rotors but they stated we could use our Porsche PCCB hats, but I wanted the whole MovIt rotor/hat set up. This way when we off the car I can take the rotors/hats with me to a new 997 or something and just get new pads.

We dealt with the USA distributor and I think his website is MovItBrakesUSA.com

I found a couple of links to some pictures then sent me to of this conversion.

Last edited by SSmokybear; 02-05-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:09 PM
hedgehog17 is just really nicehedgehog17 is just really nicehedgehog17 is just really nicehedgehog17 is just really nicehedgehog17 is just really nice
Originally Posted by HRTC
Can any one tell me why putting PCCB’s on your car in the after market is thousands of dollars more expensive than ordering it as an option from the factory?
<O
The option from Porsche is right around $8,600 (Installed)
<O
Suncoast has them for $14,900, WTF. That’s not including the price of install.
<O
I’m thoroughly confused……….
<O
I bought Rotora 12 pistons x 380 for front and Rotora 4 pistons x 380 for rear. works fine for me and i can compare - my previous turbo had ceramic breakes which is very expensive option. for street Rotora is I would say in some ways is better. best, H