997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PCCB Refurbishment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 05:53 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
PCCB Refurbishment

A Porsche Tech buddy turned me on to these guys. He said they hold up very well and are a much cheaper option to PCCB replacement.

http://www.carbonceramicbrake.com/re...t-service.html

Walt

Old 08-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Finnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to all
Interesting!

Old 01-28-2021, 09:47 AM
pgeoph is on a distinguished road
With the Porsche PCCD's the rule is "change your pads early and change them often". My car was tracked heavily by the previous owner and maintained by Premier Sportscar Service (P1) in Las Vegas. I'm now at >55,000 miles and still running the original rotors. Lemans, Daytona, and Sebring class winner Kent Moore is a very accomplished racer and it goes without saying that he and his guys know how to set up a GT3. If you setup the car properly (ducting) and maintain the pads then the ceramics will last a very long time. If you ignore them and beat them up then then you will experience premature failure - it is the nature of the beast. Anything more than 50% wear requires fresh pads for tracking. I also use my GT3 for proper Grand Turismo driving (think Houston-Santa Barbara with as much mountain driving as possible) so cast offs from the track can still see road duty.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:32 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pgeoph
With the Porsche PCCD's the rule is "change your pads early and change them often". My car was tracked heavily by the previous owner and maintained by Premier Sportscar Service (P1) in Las Vegas. I'm now at >55,000 miles and still running the original rotors. Lemans, Daytona, and Sebring class winner Kent Moore is a very accomplished racer and it goes without saying that he and his guys know how to set up a GT3. If you setup the car properly (ducting) and maintain the pads then the ceramics will last a very long time. If you ignore them and beat them up then then you will experience premature failure - it is the nature of the beast. Anything more than 50% wear requires fresh pads for tracking. I also use my GT3 for proper Grand Turismo driving (think Houston-Santa Barbara with as much mountain driving as possible) so cast offs from the track can still see road duty.
I'm changing mine next wear which should put me about 55% pad remaining. Cheap option vs new rotors

Old 12-14-2022, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor
Redisc is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, the service performed at ReDisc d.o.o. is based on an innovative technology that we have been developing for more than 10 years. We are the only company in the world that has its own production line for the refurbishing of heavily worn carbon-ceramic discs. In addition to refurbishment, we also offer upgrades for slightly used discs and minor repairs on CCM and soon also on CCB discs.

ReDisc does refurbishment, repairs and upgrade on carbon ceramic discs.
If you need any help, please let us know.

Old 12-14-2022, 07:30 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redisc
Hi guys, the service performed at ReDisc d.o.o. is based on an innovative technology that we have been developing for more than 10 years. We are the only company in the world that has its own production line for the refurbishing of heavily worn carbon-ceramic discs. In addition to refurbishment, we also offer upgrades for slightly used discs and minor repairs on CCM and soon also on CCB discs.

ReDisc does refurbishment, repairs and upgrade on carbon ceramic discs.
If you need any help, please let us know.

what do you mean by upgrades? Can you give more details?

Old 12-23-2022, 12:10 AM
Former Vendor
Redisc is an unknown quantity at this point
Upgrade is done on new or slightly used ceramic disc. e offer a special treatment to improve the density of new or slightly used carbon ceramic discs. We also address any shortcomings in the standard process. The process removes other structural anomalies, improving thermal conductivity.

When carrying out an upgrade we use carbon fibre protection technology.
And protection with an oxy coating to prevent oxygen from entering the disc core.

Old 12-23-2022, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 02-03-2023, 10:12 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
After hard breaking on iron I feel like rocks are grinding together, I have to PCCB's or nothing. The squeaky sucks but you learn to live with it 😂......