997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

WARNING: Dymag Wheels quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM
nick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
I can say that its a quality wheel and just like anything other multipiece race designed wheel they may leak air.
...and like any leak can be fixed.

BTW I am looking forward to getting my set which are currently on order.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:44 AM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
good luck

Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
I have had my Dymags for about 3 months and have had no problems whatsoever. With the PCCBs, I am saving about 90lbs. unsprung weight, and the acceleration and handling benefits are extremely satisfying.

Bill at Wheel Enhancement and Dymag UK have been great to work with and offer customer support second to none!

Please indulge a few pics.

Attached Images    
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 AM
nick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hidesert
I have had my Dymags for about 3 months and have had no problems whatsoever. With the PCCBs, I am saving about 90lbs. unsprung weight, and the acceleration and handling benefits are extremely satisfying.

Bill at Wheel Enhancement and Dymag UK have been great to work with and offer customer support second to none!

Are you running TPMS sensors with yours?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:12 AM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about

I almost went that route. Sure are SeXy as hell.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nick_usa
Are you running TPMS sensors with yours?
I know this question not directed to me but I am using the TPMS with no problem in my Dymags.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned
LA TECH is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Wow! Nice car.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
carlitosz is infamous around these parts
Hopefully you`ll get this resolved.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I know this question not directed to me but I am using the TPMS with no problem in my Dymags.
Thanks!!

Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 AM
BradPete is infamous around these parts
UPDATE:

It has been over month now since I noticed the problem and informed Dymag UK.

Since that my rear wheels have been collected by them, and they have promised to fix the excisting rear wheels- hopefully by the end of this month!

I'll let You know how this goes...

Anyhow- now driving with OEM wheels- they feel so heavy... I never believed the weight difference could make so much to the drive feel/ suspension!!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned
LA TECH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BradPete
UPDATE:

Since that my rear wheels have been collected by them, and they have promised to fix the excisting rear wheels- hopefully by the end of this month!

Anyhow- now driving with OEM wheels- they feel so heavy... I never believed the weight difference could make so much to the drive feel/ suspension!!
We always talk about what a difference unsprung weight makes but when you actually experience it yourself you really become a believer. I remember pulling about 10lbs of unsprung weight off each corner and having to relearn my braking points at the track. I was able to brake soo much later and smoother without that extra weight and in return trim down my lap times and that always makes me .

Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LA TECH
We always talk about what a difference unsprung weight makes but when you actually experience it yourself you really become a believer. I remember pulling about 10lbs of unsprung weight off each corner and having to relearn my braking points at the track. I was able to brake soo much later and smoother without that extra weight and in return trim down my lap times and that always makes me .
In reducing the weight, you also reduced the rotational inertia. This has a very positive effect on both acceleration and braking because of Newton's first law.
To whit: "Objects in motion tend to remain in motion and objects at rest tend to remain at rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force".
It is torque and horsepower that move the wheels from rest and your brakes that act on the wheels in motion. Therefore, if you reduce the mass, you also reduce the energy required to do either.
This is the basis for the many claims that lightweight wheels "add horsepower". Of course, that's not possible. But with lighter wheels, there is more AVAILABLE horsepower to accelerate the vehicle. And it is significant!
In addition,WHERE the weight is placed on the wheel has a very positive effect on acceleration and braking. If the weight is concentrated in the center, the wheel accelerates more quickly than a wheel with the same weight concentrated towards the outer part of the rim. This is called "moment of inertia" and it is significant factor in the Dymag wheel.
Because the Carbon Fiber rim is light, the wheel accelerates more quickly than wheels with more weight in the rim.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
In reducing the weight, you also reduced the rotational inertia. This has a very positive effect on both acceleration and braking because of Newton's first law.
To whit: "Objects in motion tend to remain in motion and objects at rest tend to remain at rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force".
It is torque and horsepower that move the wheels from rest and your brakes that act on the wheels in motion. Therefore, if you reduce the mass, you also reduce the energy required to do either.
This is the basis for the many claims that lightweight wheels "add horsepower". Of course, that's not possible. But with lighter wheels, there is more AVAILABLE horsepower to accelerate the vehicle. And it is significant!
In addition,WHERE the weight is placed on the wheel has a very positive effect on acceleration and braking. If the weight is concentrated in the center, the wheel accelerates more quickly than a wheel with the same weight concentrated towards the outer part of the rim. This is called "moment of inertia" and it is significant factor in the Dymag wheel.
Because the Carbon Fiber rim is light, the wheel accelerates more quickly than wheels with more weight in the rim.
It would be good to see some comparisions, 0-60-0 Stock Wheels vs Dymags

Old 07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
JP66 is infamous around these partsJP66 is infamous around these parts
They promised to fix them? Why aren't they sending you new ones instead? Seems like they should.

Originally Posted by BradPete
UPDATE:

Old 07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I wonder what the difference between dymag/carbons versus stock/reds same car. 1/4 mi, 0-60. Measurable with a stop watch??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WARNING: Dymag Wheels quality