997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which Tuner!!??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I'm not knocking them in any way. I'm sure they do a wonderful job. From their web site, they use EVOMS, which is on this list. More of an installer than a developer of the kit. If I am wrong - sorry. Just my interpretation from their web site.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I'm not knocking them in any way. I'm sure they do a wonderful job. From their web site, they use EVOMS, which is on this list. More of an installer than a developer of the kit. If I am wrong - sorry. Just my interpretation from their web site.
Stephen's group was an integral part of the development of GIAC's software programs (as were AWE and Evolution)...and while they don't have an in-house "kit", they do their own fabrication in many applications...just check out their new intercoolers...

http://imagineauto.wordpress.com/200.../say-our-name/

Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ruf...if money is no object.
I wanted to stay local and save some scratch so I used PES and Fabspeed, very satisfied.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-26-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:24 PM
ESu
ESu is on a distinguished road
More than happy with EVT-700 -entity! Car transforms to a jet an yet can be used as stock in everyday routines.

-ESu

Old 07-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon will become famous soon enough
Tuner

None of the tuners listed except for Ruf in-house the tuning of the Porsche ECM which is the hardest part in my opinion. Some of the listed tuners manufacture mods for Porsche but ask any of them if they have the equipment to manufacture the mod internally and I am sure most of the pieces of the mods are outsourced. I have a ranch and own a lot of equipment that services my ranch and I build top drives for my trucks and you would need to spend a fortune to buy the right kind of equipment to in-house the entire build excluding programming the ecm. The key is who on the list knows what to buy and how the system is put together so that it works. Additionally Steve knows how to build and modify the engines personally and sits on Porsche North American board.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:08 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Maybe the block and internal can hold 700-750 hp,s but the turbos hmmm
Today a friend didnt went to the track because the variable wings inside his turbos didnt worked any more after doing the turbo mod.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Look into the Switzer 800 bolt on kit (700 rwhp) which is what i have right now. it consists of his standalone engine management system, gt30r turbochargers, monster intercoolers, exhaust, headers, fuel system with 1000 cc injectors, tilton triple carbon clutch, LWFW and more. Plus, this power level is achieved with 93 octane pump gas. 60 - 130 time was 5.21 seconds (1 shift) and posted here on 6speedonline. here is a quick vid of my car when it was making 700 rwhp.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkg2EMpPeeA

Old 07-26-2008, 04:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jnixon
None of the tuners listed except for Ruf in-house the tuning of the Porsche ECM which is the hardest part in my opinion. Some of the listed tuners manufacture mods for Porsche but ask any of them if they have the equipment to manufacture the mod internally and I am sure most of the pieces of the mods are outsourced. I have a ranch and own a lot of equipment that services my ranch and I build top drives for my trucks and you would need to spend a fortune to buy the right kind of equipment to in-house the entire build excluding programming the ecm. The key is who on the list knows what to buy and how the system is put together so that it works. Additionally Steve knows how to build and modify the engines personally and sits on Porsche North American board.
are you so sure? i'm absolutely certain 9ff and sportec are in house tuned.

...as for OEM parts, Ruf uses Bilstein's revalved PASM adjustable coilovers...Speedart uses KW V3s...everyone uses OEM parts from other companies.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:55 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Champion offers a nice tuning package as well.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon will become famous soon enough
I was considering the US tuners. I am not sure 9FF is a us tuner. The tuners have to use a basic program that interfaces with the Porsche ECM so I am not sure how much is original coding but as I said that is the hardest piece in my opinion.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Anything wrong with getting parts from various tuners?

Old 07-27-2008, 04:23 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nico
Anything wrong with getting parts from various tuners?
Nop just choose the best from each one,and be sure they work together.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Look into the Switzer 800 bolt on kit (700 rwhp) which is what i have right now. it consists of his standalone engine management system, gt30r turbochargers, monster intercoolers, exhaust, headers, fuel system with 1000 cc injectors, tilton triple carbon clutch, LWFW and more. Plus, this power level is achieved with 93 octane pump gas. 60 - 130 time was 5.21 seconds (1 shift) and posted here on 6speedonline. here is a quick vid of my car when it was making 700 rwhp.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkg2EMpPeeA
Simply awesome!