997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Very tempting.....

Now if I can just find a reputable shop who can install them into the OEM LEDs....

Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Drizmond is on a distinguished road
Bulbs

Man, sounds pretty spendy just to be different.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:53 AM
bond525is is on a distinguished road
I think its pretty high for a unit that requires us to remove it and send it to germany

Old 10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
too expensive , and why isn't it spouse to be the beam one like the cayenne GTS and turbo and the new gen of the 997 carrera ..

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
haha 1,200 you are crazyy!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
tank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nice
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
ok this just in from germany fellas......

Speedart first takes your OEM LED's and modifies them with White ones. These White LED's are almost the same cost of the OEM ones that are on your car right now. OEM ones are about $600-$700 euros for the pair and the white ones are just about the same and then theres shipping to and from speedart.

So.... You can buy the white ones from Speedart, at half the price almost but you still have to have someone install them into your OEM LED's.

Speedart has found a way to make your DRL's work as follows.

When Driving, they are white

When you flip your right our left signal or the hazard button, They flash orange.
Very cool that they are white while driving, and flash amber when signaling........ but $1200 is kinda steep. Would it be possible to maybe get a group buy on something like this?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
KRAZYPSI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tank
Very cool that they are white while driving, and flash amber when signaling........ but $1200 is kinda steep.
I agree.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KRAZYPSI
I agree.
Kinda steep?

It's freak'n highway robbery.

Com'on guys...you supply your own LED clusters. You have to remove your own bumper. A few wires get swapped, and new LEDs inserted. How much is a 1W LED bulb? A dollar at best? Disassemble your LED, swap LEDs, rewire?

Then you have to put your bumper back on.

$1200 is robbery. Period.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 AM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Matthew, can you post link to Speedart or some other web-page regarding this. Interesting option, but I'd need more info before jumping into it...

Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I know its expensive guys for what your getting since I'm about to post the speedart wingblades we have in stock for a few bucks more...... www.speedart.de is their site and www.speedart.us is our site, but I've looked around a little and haven't seen it yet but basically the LED's are around 5 or 6 hundred euros I think, i have it posted it above, thats for a pair, and those get inserted into yours, and with the exchange rate and shipping back and forth that's what you get. I will email Bjorn @ speedart today and see if he gets a break on the LED's if he buys them in a higher qty......

as far as the bumper is concerned, all you need is a screw driver or an air ratchet and it comes off in 15 minutes or so. We pull the rears off in no time to get to the exhaust or when we install our calibre systems.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
matt, my comment wasn't directed at you...i hope you aren't taking offense. my issue is that speedart is charging outrageous fees for what essentially is a electronics hack.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
No not all Bob..... I will be the first to call out a vendor and say listen, dont be surprised if you don't sell this,

Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Site Sponsor
i sent this thread to him as well, hopefully i will hear back soon on a group buy of some sorts

Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Well, since it's using the OEM white LEDs, the price seems to make more sense.

I'm sure there is a cheaper way to do it, but probably far less elegant. This is a cool mod, especially since the steep price will keep many from doing it, making it that much more unique.

Don't feel too bad about the price guys, Novitec charges $3000 for smoked tail light lenses on a Ferrari 430. After all, with such a limited market, they have to amortize the costs.

Considering that the Euro trades at 1.28 today, that means SpeedArt's price is 937.5 Euro. Take out 600 Euro for the LEDs, that is 337.5. Including shipping back and forth overnight, how much does SpeedArt make? 200 Euros or so? I think that's pretty fair with the labor involved. If it's so easy, then you should do it as a weekend garage project. I bet most of you would rather pay the 200 Euro ($256) for someone else to do the work.

If some 6Speeders had it their way, most aftermarket companies would go out of business. I guess internet Porsche guys are just stingy.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Hamann7 - I guess we are stingy since we all INTERNET PORSCHE OWNERS on here. HA.

What would I do with another set of $900.00 set of lights? Wait for the day an LED goes bad and I can remove my bumper, spend a few more hours to ship it back to SPEEDART for another $150-$200 to have it fixed?

Go ahead and get a set more power to you. Why would I subtract the costs of the signals out of the cost of the labor? That would leave me with another set of turn signals that would just sit there and waste space and money. Can I have your set of OEM turn signals since you obviously don't need them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........