997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
carlover08 is on a distinguished road
Looks great but WOW at the price tag.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
yyzc4s will become famous soon enough
Can we get this done WITHOUT sending the current turn signal housing?
I was just wondering if the car would be usable without them on the bumper (while they are in Germany, being 'mod'ed')

Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
2009 news?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
The idea is great, just too expensive to do the swap.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
pod
pod is on a distinguished road
I think the price is reasonable.

do you want ugly orange or nice white

Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
order a set and let us know how you like them

Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
order a set and let us know how you like them

Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
how much are the units themselves if you were to buy them from the dealer?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
The units are $400 a piece for the amber LED's.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
holy jesus! thanks for the info!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
2009 news?

Are you asking if they are available for the 09's?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yyzc4s
Can we get this done WITHOUT sending the current turn signal housing?
I was just wondering if the car would be usable without them on the bumper (while they are in Germany, being 'mod'ed')
The car is useable but if you have another car I would drive that. You can order a set ready for installation with out having to send anything out. I believe this question was asked a few pages ago. The only catch is the price goes up a few hundred or so. Basically need to purchase a new set from the dealer. If you would like to do this I would be happy to give you my dealer cost on a set of new ones. This goes for all you who would like to complete this mod.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I just pulled some data from the service manual...wow, to change the cluster requires a front bumper pull. No wonder Jason was so pissed when his cluster melted.
Exactly why I was so pissed when that happened to me.

And yes, each cluster costs $400. If that $1200 price included a brand new set of turn signals then that might be a bit reasonable but if they use your existing units then that's WAY overpriced. I would love to do this to mine but definitely not at $1200.

BTW, I managed to get those foglight bulbs out and back in after alot of expletives were uttered. I finally gave up on one and took it to the dealership. It took them 10 seconds to put it in!!! This is what I looked like when the tech did it with me watching, followed by and then

Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Site Sponsor
Ok your a little off here. The price does not include new oem turn signals. It does include new OEM WHITE LEDS which are about 600-700 euros if I'm not mistaken. This is was few months ago when this thread started so don't hold me to it. But LEDS can range from a couple bucks to over $1000. Then you are paying for about an hour or two of labor for speedart to modify and install the new white leds in conjuction with your amber turn signals. There is also shipping around trip which runs about 100-150 each way so about $200-300 round trip. So, with that said, yes the price seems a little steap, but it is not blown out of proportion. I think a lot people are thinking...wow $1200 bucks for this little mod? You gotta be kidding me. The type or size of the modification does not determine the price of this product/service. I do understand that some mods out there are based on the price of the car which makes pricing on everything else out there viewed the same way.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I did say that "IF" the price included the LED clusters then it'd be much more reasonable. That's just my opinion though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........