997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Nice mod but very expensive...someone must do this is US...then is should be much cheaper )))

Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Nice mod but very expensive...someone must do this is US...then is should be much cheaper )))

Tbe totaly honest guys, I spoke to Bjorn and Isolde more @ Speedart, and they gave me some more details which helped me understand the cost that goes into this "MOD".........

When we send your lights out. They get taken apart which is not hard but if done incorrectly you can easily break something and if it happens it needs to be replaced and they are not cheap. Replacement LED's are almost 800 euros. Now the tedious part which takes some time (labor hours) is modifying your existing LED's and installing the white LED's which have a price on them as well which is about 6-7 hundred euros I believe. So when you everything, the cost of white LED's, Labor time, and shipping which is not more than $100-$150 round trip and the exchange rate, the price is not so far fetched as it may seem at first.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Hamann7 - I guess we are stingy since we all INTERNET PORSCHE OWNERS on here. HA.

What would I do with another set of $900.00 set of lights? Wait for the day an LED goes bad and I can remove my bumper, spend a few more hours to ship it back to SPEEDART for another $150-$200 to have it fixed?

Go ahead and get a set more power to you. Why would I subtract the costs of the signals out of the cost of the labor? That would leave me with another set of turn signals that would just sit there and waste space and money. Can I have your set of OEM turn signals since you obviously don't need them.
I don't think you quite get it. According to GMP and SpeedArt, the white LEDs are a seperate part and cost 600 Euro on their own, these white LEDs are then incorporated into your existing set of OEM turn signal housings. If you want another pair of OEM turn signals, it's another $900 for the pair (I already priced them out for something else I was working on)! This is simply a mod to your existing set.

In this case, you gotta pay to play I guess.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for trying to clearify what i was trying to say Hamann7,

Alpine997, do you get what is happening now to your existing led's?

Let me know if you guys have anymore questions. I get paid to sit here and talk to you guys so feel free

Old 10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
I don't think you quite get it. According to GMP and SpeedArt, the white LEDs are a seperate part and cost 600 Euro on their own, these white LEDs are then incorporated into your existing set of OEM turn signal housings. If you want another pair of OEM turn signals, it's another $900 for the pair (I already priced them out for something else I was working on)! This is simply a mod to your existing set.

In this case, you gotta pay to play I guess.
The issue I have is LED bulbs don't cost that much. At less than 2 dollars a bulb, it should not cost that much to either replace the LEDs or insert new ones. In fact, dual emission LEDS (those that light different colors based on electrical signals) cost about the same.

So how does this translate into 600 Euros?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
automotive LED's from the OEMs are different than the ones you see in electronic shops or ebay. Ostar LEDs for example can get up to 1000 lumens and they are not $2 a pop

not saying the above are using these LEDs but pointing out they can get costly.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
I think this mod is nice and would look cool with xenon fog light as well...might do it later...

Old 10-31-2008, 08:11 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I put HID's in my fogs. It's a very very tight squeeze but they do look nice. Too bad the blinded people going the other way don't think so Just kidding. I pointed them down some so as not to blind others. Cops pass me all the time with no complaints.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Alpine, how did you gain access to the back of the fogs? I took a peak and gave up in 5 seconds!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Patience young grasshopper It is tight but I was able to manage. Very very tight. Next time I am under it which should be soon I will take pictures.

The HID's are nice and looks great.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
Alpine, how did you gain access to the back of the fogs? I took a peak and gave up in 5 seconds!
He's got freakishly plastic-man like hands...

Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
...and in addition to some minor blood loss, it's helpful to have these...

Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 AM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
What I understood this will standard on the new 2010 977TT.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
josh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the rough
They look great but not worth the price, or worth sending them to germany for it

Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Site Sponsor
I like it, I would do it if I owned one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........