997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........

Speedart has developed a way to convert your turn signals to Daytime running lights. It requires removing your existing units and sending them us or directly to them in Germany and they will modify them and send them back. With the time difference, your looking at 4 business days.

Price tag $1200 with overnight shipping round trip.

I have two questions for you guys....

What do you guys think?

If you like it, do you think the price is worth it?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Expensive price point IMHO. I am sure its part to do with shipping to Germany and back. It should be able to be done locally for much cheaper. I have looked into an alternative and with the dealer being able to program the turn signal to use the side markers it would work out nicely.

It does look nice though.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I love the look, very Audi-like but not the 1200 price tag.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Yes i think its a cool mod too but for $1200 i think is too high for this type of mod. the shipping barely $100-150 round trip....

Old 10-21-2008, 02:13 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
thats about $600 too high.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
damn I want.... but I can't justify spending $1200 on it.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:19 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Yes i think its a cool mod too but for $1200 i think is too high for this type of mod. the shipping barely $100-150 round trip....
Just a clarification:

Light stays white while on, then blinks orange?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Site Sponsor
i was wondering the same thing so I emailed them, I want to think that there is no more yellow lights and that they still blink when using your turn signals.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:50 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Bobby come on man use some common sense... haha just kidding.

A Porsche Tech told me that they can redirect the turn signals to blnk on the sidemarker to keep legal. Therefore you don't have to worry about using them as turn signals.

I think with a resistor and some bright leds it can be done for cheaper.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
Why?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Bobby come on man use some common sense... haha just kidding.

A Porsche Tech told me that they can redirect the turn signals to blnk on the sidemarker to keep legal. Therefore you don't have to worry about using them as turn signals.

I think with a resistor and some bright leds it can be done for cheaper.
Well, thought the Germans were being clever...there are LEDs that emit multiple colors...http://www.superbrightleds.com/TriColor%20LED.htm

The reason I ask is that in the state of Blizzard (oops, I mean Wisconsin), it is illegal to have a turn signal any other other than amber.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I think most states probably have something on the books about front turn signals being amber. Personally I think amber is the only way to go, with red turn signals on half the cars I can't tell if they are turning or braking, and I dont want to be figuring it out while driving.

I love the design of the led turn signal, it really stands out, so this would be a cool mod, however it may create some problems if they still yellow since they could confuse drivers about whether or not you are changing lanes, but if they can do two colors, white for DRL and amber for turning that would be cool and may explain the hefty price, though I still think its too high.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I will get with a tech i know and speak to him about it. I was told there is a way to keep it legal and use the turn signal LED's as DRL's with no flashing.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I might do that this weekend and check it out. There is a 1W LED that is bright as hell and there is the 4 chip LED that is very bright as well. You can also buy strips that runs on 12 volts with no need for resistors or soldering. I do not think they are bright enough though.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I just pulled some data from the service manual...wow, to change the cluster requires a front bumper pull. No wonder Jason was so pissed when his cluster melted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals to DRL Conversion........