997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Made Me Almost Cry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
2003tt is on a distinguished road
Made Me Almost Cry

I was out driving my beater this weekend on the snow covered roads here in Connecticut. I went into town and saw a beautiful 997 TT parked in the snow by the curb with some bonehead trying to parallell park her BMW SUV in a VERY tight space in front of the Porsche.

Each time she backed up I was sure she was going to slam the Porsche. I couldn't watch, and as soon as the light turned green I pulled away.

Can't believe someone is driving their 997 Twin Turbo in that weather OR would park it on the street like that.

Last edited by 2003tt; 01-20-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
raiyu...I hope it wasn't your car...didn't you say you keep it outside?

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2"></td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td width="100%">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sadly law enforcement writes citations mostly for common moving violations like speed or red lights yet can't keep up with managing the lowest common denominator of pitiful driving.

I live in an international city and also a tourist area where drivers come from so many different experience backgrounds that simple things like parking or basic road courtesy pose a variety of styles . I have seen people incapable of parking completely . I have seen drivers cut across three lanes with no signal and then stop . I have seen people stop in the middle of a crowded street to chat with a friend . Whats even worse are the lack of respect for pedestrians . I don't know what's worse a place like California where people just jump out in front of moving cars or regions where cars honk at pedestrians to hurry up .

I feel that drivers exams ought to be more difficult to pass . This business of handing out licences to people with driving skills that pose risks to themselves and others on the road has got to change . Make them learn how to drive and follow rules or fail them and they can take the bus .

Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. These cars are special and should be properly cared for. I always park clear at the other end of a parking lot where nobody can park next to me. Never on the street!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
It’s a car that is meant to be driven. If you cant afford to fix it when idiots who cant tell a Porsche from a vw hit it then don’t buy it. That’s what insurance is for. Garaging and polishing is for classic cars, not currently produced cars. TT are not bad in the snow, thanks Audi!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
I agree. These cars are special and should be properly cared for. I always park clear at the other end of a parking lot where nobody can park next to me. Never on the street!
I only park in parking lots where security knows both me and my car personally . If I am forced to wing it in a public lot I look for a bank or business which has cameras and try to park where my car is in camera view . Not taht it helped the Porsche at the Giants game but every little effort preserves this cherished prize .

Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^me too Larry - I am always very careful parking, ALWAYS.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
It’s a car that is meant to be driven. If you cant afford to fix it when idiots who cant tell a Porsche from a vw hit it then don’t buy it. That’s what insurance is for. Garaging and polishing is for classic cars, not currently produced cars. TT are not bad in the snow, thanks Audi!
It's not about insurance for me . It's more for the sake of taking care of an item that means something to me . I can accept that there are people who may not care or even others who are just careless .

I can;t change them but I can control what i do with my car .

Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I agree with you again. It was how I was raised - I appreciate everything I own and take care of everything I own.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
In my family I was brought up with the one car that its ok to baby and worry over, but the rest (very well take care of) are driven just as normal cars. It is nice to see when someone driving a big suv parks next to a P car and they back up and repark giving extra room. I only have had this happen once but they said that they respected the car and wouldn’t want anyone opening into a door if it was theirs. Respect is lost for the most part in current culture.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Hehe, no it wasn't my car, I havent been up to CT.

But I do drive it in this weather, been driving it all week with the snow, love the snow tires. At home its in the driveway, so its outside, but not on the street. At work its at a garage.

Honestly, my car has been more damaged by dealerships (Front bumper was hit, passenger mirror was nicked, and then the front bumper was again nicked) than it has been when I parked it outside when going somewhere.

I try to be careful when I park it, leave extra room, try to get spots where people can't park behind me, etc, but at the end of the day, I can't spend my time worrying about it, its got 26,000 miles since Feb 08 for a reason. I figure if Im paying for it, I might as well get all my $ and cents out of it

Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Roger that!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 PM
FSU-997TT is on a distinguished road
This will also make you cry......

Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by FSU-997TT
This will also make you cry......
yes, boooohooooo! Terrible!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raiyu
Honestly, my car has been more damaged by dealerships (Front bumper was hit, passenger mirror was nicked, and then the front bumper was again nicked) than it has been when I parked it outside when going somewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Made Me Almost Cry