997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

07 CPO TT vs 08/09 C2S as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
TTK
TTK is on a distinguished road
07 CPO TT vs 08/09 C2S as a daily driver

I had decided to buy a new C2S and was checking out the local dealers. While doing so, one of the dealers offered me a new 08 TT at a very nice price. I wasn't thinking about the Turbo at first, but then I noticed that the 07 TT CPO prices are very close to the 09 C2S. (Thanks yrralis for the suggestions, I'll check out the white one later this week.) For about the same money I'm leaning toward the CPO TT.

Three questions:

1. Other than the smaller trunk, is there any downside to the Turbo as a daily driver? I also don't like the idea of parking it for extended periods of time (airport, mall, etc...), but I could probably learn to deal with it.

2. Is $96K for a 07 TT CPO (6,400 miles) a good price or just an average deal?

3. Is there anything in particular about the 07 TT that is problematic?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I dumped my 997 C2S for a 997 TT after 3 weeks of ownership. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the C2S, but the TT was just a different ballgame.

As I said in a prior post, I should have kept the C2S while purchasing the TT. But given the choice, I'd take the TT.

Only recommendation is for you to put as many miles as you can test driving both cars. Test drive them on 2 or 3 different visits with several days in between.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
My 07 TT is a DD and has been for a year. It is a fantastic DD and is very capable in all seasons (not that you have much to worry about in SF).

Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Once you've tasted the boost, you can't go back.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, 2 different cars all together. Landjet is right. Once you've been bitten by the boost, you're done for. Also, the TT should hold its resale value a bit better than the C2S since there are less made.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
oh and to answer question #2, yes, it's a very good deal for being a CPO and that amount of miles. The car is practically new.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
My TT is my daily driver and its fantastic. It wont attract any more attention than a C2S so you'll worry about parking either one the same.

There are no major issues with 07-08 TTs, there is the issue of the clutch slave cylinder going bad but its covered under warranty. Otherwise the car is great.

Cost of ownership will be the same for a C2S and a TT, no real difference there, so its just a question of do you want more power and do you like its looks, to which I would say yes and yes.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
1) The only downside to a TT as a DD are how attached you become to the car and not wanting to see it get dinged . The front lip is a littler lower but not a real issue .

2) 96K is fine of the DME reveals benign engine over rev history and the car has no paint or issues . The option list can vary greatly with the car . An 07 997tt can range from an MSRP in the 120's all the way to the 150's when it was new . This can influence price.

3) My car has been blemish free . I changed the oil once .

Good luck in your search. I think you will like the white car when you see it. If you find a different one .. I think you will love the car .

One last thing .. the Turbo really takes well to mods and Sharky is right in your area .

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
TT's are great daily drivers. also, $96K is not a bad price, but not a great price. try to get it closer to $90K

Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
get the TT, I have an 08C2S (which I am in love with) but had the chance (against my will, because i knew I'd love it) to drive an 07TT. That thing has so much more torque than the S that it allows you to really get on it in any gear. Also the boost is definitely intoxicating. Get the TT if you can make a good deal

Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
I would definitely get the TT over the C2S. The TT is Porsche's flagship model for a reason!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
JS1967 is on a distinguished road
Try to get it for 90k if you can. In January, I was fortunate enough to pick up an 07 TT with 3500 miles on it for 90k. It has 6500 miles on it as of today. I think at the time I got a great deal, now, I think that is about the right price for a very low milage 07. Get the TT, you will be very happy!

As far as things that are problematic with the 07' TT:
Not being able to keep from constantly romping the Sh*$& out of it.
Unable to take corners at a reasonable speed
Keeping under 100 mph

On another note, my neighbor pick up an 05' 430 w/ 5000 miles on it for $130,000 last week. That is a screaming deal!

Last edited by JS1967; 05-06-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:22 PM
TTK
TTK is on a distinguished road
The dealer dropped it another $3K, so I bought the 07 TT. We'll see how it does as a daily driver.

Thanks to everyone for responding.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

Dont forget to take some pictures and post them up.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
JS1967 is on a distinguished road
I hope enjoy your new ride, please give us your first impressions.