997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

A day in paradise: Watching my Cargraphic Turbo tuned by GIAC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:57 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Anthony you will love the flash with the Tubi! Like Can said it's so important to have a good shop to do it for you and handle any issues that may arise. I'm sure Mike will treat you right.
Anybody can flash it but it's how they handle the complications that seperates the good shops like AWE/Ruf /FL from the rest Imo

Last edited by TT Gasman; 06-23-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:02 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Anybody have any recommendations on a reputable GIAC shop in Texas?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
City?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shawminator
Anybody have any recommendations on a reputable GIAC shop in Texas?
We only need your computer for about two hours. It ships back the day we receive it.

Plus we don't charge you sales tax...

Keep us in mind.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I'm in Austin. I'm assuming it's relatively easy to remove the ECU myself? I'd still want to see the resulting gains on a dyno, anyone have any recommendations?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shawminator
I'm in Austin. I'm assuming it's relatively easy to remove the ECU myself? I'd still want to see the resulting gains on a dyno, anyone have any recommendations?
Computer is really easy to remove. Email me and I will send you the instructions.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

If you find a local dyno shop, you can have them baseline it, send me the computer, then have them redyno.

I will look around as well.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
City?
Thread hijack [on]:

Doug...you put on your decal! Pics or ban!

Thread hijack [off]:

Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
Thumbs up

hey buddy, nothing like popping that red chery of yours!!!lol.... i also had it done 10days ago and i am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in love with my ride!!! hats off to GIAC!!!! way to go and be safe!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Thread hijack [on]:

Doug...you put on your decal! Pics or ban!

Thread hijack [off]:
I'm 50/50 on keeping it, I kind of like the stealth look....sorry for the hijack

Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I'm 50/50 on keeping it, I kind of like the stealth look....sorry for the hijack
That looks great, don't mess with it

Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Bob/Doug,
Hijack approved! Since the darn thing looks so pretty! Will you make it metallic grey to match your wheel?

Does RUF just change the catalyst, or do they remove some of the baffles in the muffler as well? The words from GIAC to me is between a quiet and a loud version, like my Cargraphic for example, the louder version is better. I assume because it implies better flow, less back pressure, lower Exhaust Gas Temp.
(Bob, if you haven't got the RUF exhaust, my humble opinion is you should. It's just a more precise match for the tune.)

Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Can, Bob has the whole nine yards Ruf all the way!
Ruf changes the cats and extensively modifies the internals. The twin 76mm tips exit from deep within the body of the muffler. It definitely sounds good, but not the loudest by far. I miss the raspy tone of the Tubi, that thing rocked!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
We only need your computer for about two hours. It ships back the day we receive it.

Plus we don't charge you sales tax...

Keep us in mind.
What is the price for the flash? And is it one size fits all as I noticed that the poster mentioned higher octane fuel for better performance, making me wonder if the computer recognizes octane levels and adjusts accordingly?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Bob, if you haven't got the RUF exhaust, my humble opinion is you should. It's just a more precise match for the tune.
Last hijack...I promise.

Cannga...OOOoohhh yeah baby....I definately got it!

Originally Posted by cannga
Does RUF just change the catalyst, or do they remove some of the baffles in the muffler as well? The words from GIAC to me is between a quiet and a loud version, like my Cargraphic for example, the louder version is better. I assume because it implies better flow, less back pressure, lower Exhaust Gas Temp.
Baffles are gone, 100 cell cats are used to replace the stock 600 cell units, and part of the outer frame is gone and re-welded with a new mounting bracket. Dual exhaust tips are welded to the exhaust.

Doug...did you say stealth?

Attached Images   

Last edited by bbywu; 06-24-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jamie furman
What is the price for the flash? And is it one size fits all as I noticed that the poster mentioned higher octane fuel for better performance, making me wonder if the computer recognizes octane levels and adjusts accordingly?
Ah-ha! Jamie, you bring up a great point.

No, G.I.A.C. can give you the ability to switch on the fly to a specific race gas program. It is not just adaptation that occurs in the DME, but specific programming you choose!

I see you hae a 996TT GT2.

Can you email me your modification list so I can better quote you?

Mike@awe-tuning.com

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: A day in paradise: Watching my Cargraphic Turbo tuned by GIAC