997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Project - EVT900 Clubsport - 3.8L GT35's Full Engine Build - TIPTRONIC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I wasn't comparing cars....just replying to Todd's BS comment with a fact based comment...which he promptly cried to either you or another moderator to delete.

I can't speak on DK or Tym's behalf as to your CA event...sounds like a fun event....but you do realize that's like a 7000 mile trip for them?
I am not the one who deleted anyones thread and no one cried to me. Maybe I misunderstood, what is the BS comment you are referring to? This is EVO's thread and it appears to me someone started product bashing in their thread. Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
OhioGT2,

Neither Switzer or EVOMS built my motor.

With that being said I find it hard to believe you have any log term experience in any type of motor sports. To insinuate that any builder hasn't experienced problems in any of their builds is simply a lack of any long term experience.

I'm going to give you a chance to apologize to IB and EVOMS for the above remarks. If you chose not to I don't have any issue with banning you. No back room dealings here. The next move is yours.
If you want to ban me for a factual comment, feel free. I will directly answer your questions:

I have only been working with tuners for the past 7 years building fast street/drag cars. As it relates to two shops (my own in the Supra world and one who is not on here), they have never had any major problems. I would estimate they have built probably 40 motors over the past 7 years that I have worked with them. Angry customers....I'm sure they have had some over something. But over motor issues/broken builds, no.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I am not the one who deleted anyones thread and no one cried to me. Maybe I misunderstood, what is the BS comment you are referring to? This is EVO's thread and it appears to me someone started product bashing in their thread. Correct me if I am wrong.
It was deleted, either directly by Todd (not sure if sponsors can do that or if he requested it).

I apologize for continuing off topic comments on this thread. I was only responding to a comment made by Todd (which he only quoted part of and deleted the rest.)

I was not product bashing.

Last edited by OhioGT2; 11-27-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
If you want to ban me for a factual comment, feel free. I will directly answer your questions:

I have only been working with tuners for the past 7 years building fast street/drag cars. As it relates to two shops (my own in the Supra world and one who is not on here), they have never had any major problems. I would estimate they have built probably 40 motors over the past 7 years that I have worked with them. Angry customers....I'm sure they have had some over something. But over motor issues/broken builds, no.
I read your last sentence to mean you really aren't sure or don't know for sure. Knowing all the facts is very important. I personally can attest to my own failures. They happen when dealing with high hp products.

To come in and rain on a sponsors thread about their new build is not a class act. If I understood correctly EVO invited you to discuss certain item in another thread. This is what should have been done. What is happening now is only destroying a very good thread that many have an interest in.

As for relating IB to a money grabbing sponsor backer, that is a bit of a stretch. They are providing a platform that many of us enjoy at no cost to any of us other than sponsors. You really own IB an apology.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:49 PM
cjv
It was deleted, either directly by Todd (not sure if sponsors can do that or if he requested it).

I apologize for continuing off topic comments on this thread. I was only responding to a comment made by Todd (which he only quoted part of and deleted the rest.)

I was not product bashing.
I appreciate the apology.

No sponsor can delete. Managers and Administrators yes. Your post was deleted by a moderator.

I thank you for your understanding of not provoking another sponsor in their own thread. I have re read and EVO appears to have been lashing back at an insult in their own thread. I believe you understand how this was started with a predictable outcome.

I thank you for your cooperation and hope this informative thread will continue.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m42racer
Let start seeing some engineering and special parts that on their own make a difference. Showing photo's of an engine going together shows what?
m42racer,

I am not sure who you are directing your post to but but to answer your question directly, we are showing the build process of this engine project - as the title of our thread clearly states. It shows the process as well as the attention to the details that we take when building one of these engines. It also shows all of the components that we have engineered, developed and tested 100% in house.

These items include:
  • EVOMS 3.8L conversion (Pistons, Steel Liners, Ring Package)
  • EVOMS 12mm head stud conversion
  • EVOMS CNC ported cylinder heads w/ titanium larger intake and wxhaust valves and associated titanium valve train components
  • EVOMS Reprofiled camshafts
  • EVOMS Head Gaskets
  • EVOMS Developed Head TQ procedure, cam timing and engine clearance specifications, case prep / strengthening.
Other EVOMS items include: billet crankshaft, 3.9L, 4.0L and 4.1L conversions, replacement OEM 100mm pistons, lightweight intermediate shaft, main/rod/intermediate shaft bearings, 10mm head studs, solid lifter conversion, etc, etc.

If the engines upgrade is designed by realbuilders not assemblers, they should make the power expected. Making 1000 HP on a Dyno pull is easy. Just add the right components, tune it and it will come. Making them last is another. Most that have been displayed on this forum and many others have never lasted. There are ghosts in most of the tuners closets.
You are correct, there are very few that actually engineer and build engines like this. We are not trying to make 1000 HP, 900 HP is the goal for this project and making it last will not be a problem.

I suppose when you are the real deal you don't have to "brag or "sell".
We are not bragging, we are just demonstrating the build process of this engine and all of the work involved to fellow enthusists.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 11-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Fantastic work Todd, it ceases to amaze me how much R&D EVOMS puts into the building of these cars.

Props to Evolution Motorsports, the best Porsche custom builder and tuner in North America!

Keep blazing the trail

Ben
Thank you Ben!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thank you Chad for keeping things fair and getting things back on track. I am excited for you and KA's progress. I would like to bring the 997TT to the event you are planning. It does not have an engine right now but it will and hopefilly in time for this

Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thank you Chad for keeping things fair and getting things back on track. I am excited for you and KA's progress. I would like to bring the 997TT to the event you are planning. It does not have an engine right now but it will and hopefilly in time for this
That is what I'm afraid of ...... the other day I asked joe if it would be alright if I could be his wingman.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by cjv
That is what I'm afraid of ...... the other day I asked joe if it would be alright if I could be his wingman.
You have nothing to worry about. This should be more of a "test and tune" fun event

Old 11-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
glad to see this get back on topic..thanks gents...I'll only interupt briefly...for those that are curios why David dk996tt was banned you can private message me and I'll explain...I respect David and don't wish to make that information public...I will say one thing...when David comes back to the forum he will be a board sponsor

Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks for the professionalism Chuck! Here are a few more pictures of the build:

Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Looking nice! Can't wait for results!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Is there even a noticable difference with the addition 0.2 liters of displacement? Seems marginal at best.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
cjv
Todd,

You have my curiosity up.

In the following pic:

part of the intake valve reliefs on the piston domes are not ceramic coated. Did you relieve them after they were coated or is this something new?

Last edited by cjv; 11-27-2009 at 08:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Project - EVT900 Clubsport - 3.8L GT35's Full Engine Build - TIPTRONIC