997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Choosing a tuner? Choose Protomotive!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Thanks for the thread and info TTDude. Just starting my due diligence on tunes and hardware upgrades. I've exchanged a few emails with Todd K and all I can say is if I lived closer to AR, I would have no reservations about handing over my car to him.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Thanks for the thread and info TTDude. Just starting my due diligence on tunes and hardware upgrades. I've exchanged a few emails with Todd K and all I can say is if I lived closer to AR, I would have no reservations about handing over my car to him.
Hey Ed, You're closer to AR than me . Good luck with your decision, there are some excellent choices out there. Dave

Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Hey Ed, You're closer to AR than me . Good luck with your decision, there are some excellent choices out there. Dave
LOL. Guess you got me there
No doubt an abundance of choices. But I must say in my limited interaction with him, Todd K. has customer service down pat! Thanks again for the help, Dave!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
totally agree with everything said. Specially "tuner's tuner" part
The man is smart enough where his Rep. is spreading arround the 3rd world without him putting an effort advertising his website "at least", his work says it all. I think people who r serious on modifying their ECU could find Todd, and no where but Todd. Moreover, I was told that the Man is smart by genes. Enough said

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 06-11-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
It's great to hear about satisfied applications. the driving experience speaks for itself.

I'm still very happy with the EVOMSit tune.

If a porsche dealer stands by it and warantees it..says something of true value to the owner's monetary maintenance expense.

As for "rep" tho, not too sure if it's warranted on actual merit or much more so on "popularity..." and "alliances."

Old 06-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Serpentene
It's great to hear about satisfied applications. the driving experience speaks for itself.

If a porsche dealer stands by it and warantees it..says something of true value to the owner's monetary maintenance expense.

As for "rep" tho, not too sure if it's warranted on actual merit or much more so on "popularity..." and "alliances."
Do you happen to have that in writing? While your dealer may say they will preserve your warranty, I find it hard to believe that PCNA would pay for a blown engine with an aftermarket tune.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Todd is a great guy and he is willing to help if asked...you cant go wrong with him...

Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
..Indeed I DO.

Also the dealer has a database. And in this DB are customer files.
And my files has on record, the services, and stock ECM files kept in the event
I should reverse the ECM tune to original.

If not a PCNA compliance, My DEALER has to worry, not me.

So..my point. If YOUR DEALER is acting as a middle man reseller for a specific tuner (which then says something about the TRUST of that tuner or there is enough of a confidence stake holding and PL to mitigate the risk) and puts its work IN WRITING.... then why not?

Go for it...

Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 PM
..Indeed I DO.

Also the dealer has a database. And in this DB are customer files.
And my files has on record, the services, and stock ECM files kept in the event
I should reverse the ECM tune to original.

If not a PCNA compliance, My DEALER has to worry, not me.

So..my point. If YOUR DEALER is acting as a middle man reseller for a specific tuner (which then says something about the TRUST of that tuner or there is enough of a confidence stake holding and PL to mitigate the risk) and puts its work IN WRITING.... then why not?

Go for it...
Smart man to get it in writing. God forbid anything bad does happen to your or anyone else's car, but I'd like to see what transpires b/w owner/dealer/PCNA if something does go wrong.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I do hope my friend that we shall never see such a day.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !

Just talk to people in the know about Proto and who have worked with Todd K, you will then understand the "rep".

Old 06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Urge to upgrade rapidly rising! Smooth and linear power delivery (and of course reliability) are paramount since mine is a dd. Gotta follow Bonehead's lead and get an email off to Todd...

Old 06-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Urge to upgrade rapidly rising! Smooth and linear power delivery (and of course reliability) are paramount since mine is a dd. Gotta follow Bonehead's lead and get an email off to Todd...
Careful. Think Todd has already convinced me to get the 5" IC's. And we only exchange 4 or 5 emails

Old 06-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
So far you have displayed an impressive amount self-control realizing how much fun you are missing by not modding. I was wondering when you're going to come to your senses.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
It's the cheapskate in me. Since I paid for the cpo warranty I should try and keep it. But the more I read these threads the more I think I'll just say #%$% it, and get some more boooooooost!

Right now, the car is "oh wow" fast. How much power do you actually need in order to get "oh crap" fast? I'm talking about acceleration, not top speed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Choosing a tuner? Choose Protomotive!