997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cel - p0021

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
OP can update you when he gets his car back from some serious POOOOWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA upgrades

Old 03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Well my Camshaft issue was resolved by my local dealer who was able to cover it all under warranty .

Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by salerno713
Well my Camshaft issue was resolved by my local dealer who was able to cover it all under warranty .
same here.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
same here.
Same here too. They had my car almost 3 weeks. "Waiting on a bolt" from the Mother Land.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
CarreraS997Blk is an unknown quantity at this point
this is interesting, i wonder if this is an odd case because my car has 45k miles and I've never seen this issue.....

Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
My car had around 38K on it. I bought the car with 14K. It now has almost 41k. I change the oil every 5k and use 0W40.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Function, Bogg and salerno...so it was the cam sleeve and not he actuator in all three cases? Im glad they are taking care of it for you under warranty!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Same here covered under warranty at 20k miles luckily ,as its about a $10k bill from what i remember & seems to be luck of the draw if you get it or not.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Function, Bogg and salerno...so it was the cam sleeve and not he actuator in all three cases? Im glad they are taking care of it for you under warranty!
first time I got the cel they replaced the actuator. Things were fine for a while then the cel came back. Almost always 2 weeks after I changed the oil. Made me wonder if small particles were getting in there or something but I was meticulous with the oil changes. Anyway, they told me the sleeve was partially rotated (not completely blocking the opening) when they replaced the camshaft. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Bogg
first time I got the cel they replaced the actuator. Things were fine for a while then the cel came back. Almost always 2 weeks after I changed the oil. Made me wonder if small particles were getting in there or something but I was meticulous with the oil changes. Anyway, they told me the sleeve was partially rotated (not completely blocking the opening) when they replaced the camshaft. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again!
Thats the problem.. The sleeve rotates and oil gets blocked... It will happen again unless you pin the camshaft. I do not know exactly what pins the camshaft from rotating, but my motorman had it done at the machine shop.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
yeah I know...but it was a warranty job so they wouldn't pin it. All I can do is hope it doesn't happen again, lol. If it does and I have to pay then I'll get both pinned.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Just for reference...does anyone know the price of the cam/s and the cost to pin it?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I think a single camshaft was about $1800 Canadian dollars. Not sure the cost to pin.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I just got the stupid code P0021 as well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I did not notice any loss of power however and the car seemed to run fine. A few times a year I get a light and it is is always "too rich" on both banks.

This time it was completely different. I cleared the P0021 and it came back again. I got an oil change in hopes the problem was simply dirty oil...but, of course, not the case. I drove it for about 20 miles and the code came back.

Next will be the cam angle sensors...and hopefully that will address the issue...but if not, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

My car is a 2007 and I just hit 21,000 miles. I am out of warranty. I wonder if it is even worth it taking it to the dealer about this issue...

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I just got the stupid code P0021 as well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I did not notice any loss of power however and the car seemed to run fine. A few times a year I get a light and it is is always "too rich" on both banks.

This time it was completely different. I cleared the P0021 and it came back again. I got an oil change in hopes the problem was simply dirty oil...but, of course, not the case. I drove it for about 20 miles and the code came back.

Next will be the cam angle sensors...and hopefully that will address the issue...but if not, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

My car is a 2007 and I just hit 21,000 miles. I am out of warranty. I wonder if it is even worth it taking it to the dealer about this issue...

Thanks for the feedback.
It's def pass cam spun . You can repair and pin cam so it doesn't happen again .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cel - p0021