997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 turbo headlight fit into a 997.1 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Looks like it has eye ***** now

Looks good so how much we're the lights?

Old 11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
hitman22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Hello,

We already did this conversion and its working fine.

However you will not be able to use the "Dynamic cornering lights" function of the new headlights.

Regards,
Emre
Thanks for important information.
I don't want cornering function, just normal working is enough to me.
If I connect 997.2 headlight to old 997.1 harness just, working fine? Or any warring popup massage ?

Regards

Park

Old 11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I just did this mod, purchased my 997.2 lights from another member here.

YES, it is plug and play. The cornering function will NOT work, and you need to use the PIWIS to reprogram the lights so an error code won't come on.

I believe, using the PIWIS, you tell the ECU that your have cornering function, and the error codes will no longer come on.

Been using the 997.2 lights without any issue for almost 3 weeks now.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NWturbo
I just did this mod, purchased my 997.2 lights from another member here.

YES, it is plug and play. The cornering function will NOT work, and you need to use the PIWIS to reprogram the lights so an error code won't come on.

I believe, using the PIWIS, you tell the ECU that your have cornering function, and the error codes will no longer come on.

Been using the 997.2 lights without any issue for almost 3 weeks now.

Cheers dude thanks for the info!

Old 11-28-2013, 10:18 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
My pleasure.

For those of you on the fence about this mod:

The 997.2 headlights use a different and optically clear lens than the 997.1 Fresnel ones.

I immediately noticed that the 997.2 headlights have a better light output and throw than the 997.1 both using the exact same HID bulbs (I swapped my 997.1 bulbs into the 997.2 headlights)

Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 AM
coquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of light
hi, all,

I am new here. Regarding the 997.2 headlight fit to 997.1 headlight, I know the cornering will not work. But does the self-leveling function work?

And the ballast and light bulb form 2007 turbo will fit in 997.2 headlight? I am thinking to do the conversion, but the 997.2 headlight set doesn't come with ballast and light bulb, so I want to know if I can use my current part. Thank you very much.

Jeff

Thank you very much

Old 12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi, the light bulb and ballast from the 997.1 is the same as the 997.2

You will just have to move them over to the 997.2 lights

Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM
coquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks, NWturbo.
One more question, does 997.1 has self-leveling function with original headlights?
Thanks.
Jeff

Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by coquitlam1
Thanks, NWturbo.
One more question, does 997.1 has self-leveling function with original headlights?
Thanks.
Jeff
From your owner's manual:

Automatic Headlight Beam Adjustment

Vehicles with Bi-Xenon headlights feature automatic headlight beam adjustment.

When the ignition is switched on, the level of the headlight beam automatically changes in accordance with the vehicle load.
The level of the headlight beam is automatically kept constant during acceleration and braking.

Checking operation
1. Switch the low beam on.
2. Insert ignition key and switch ignition on.
The light beam first dips all the way down and is then adapted to the vehicle load.

If this test item is not met, the headlight beam adjustment system must be checked by an authorized Porsche dealer.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, OK, yes jhbrennan is 100% correct about self-levelling on the 997.1

Originally, I thought that the 997.2 lights would just be plug and play.

Apparently, once you put on the 997.2 headlights, the cornering function does NOT work and neither does the self levelling.

"coquitlam1" - I am local to you so if you need any help installing or aiming the 997.2 beams, give me a shout, I'd be glad to help.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
So how do you go about aiming the 997.2 lights in a 997.1 car?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:34 AM
If you look in the owners manual, there are adjustments that you can make to horizontal and vertical. Basically, it is trial and error. You have to find a wall and manually adjust per the beam adjustment guidelines in the manual. It's not difficult but a bit time consuming. Trial and error so to speak. Adjustment points are the same as 997.1

Last edited by NWturbo; 12-18-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi, NWTurbo,
Thanks for the help. I am looking a used unit. If I find one, I will definitely look for your help.
Jeff

Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
You just program front module to deactivate self levelling and readjust it manually to previous settings of 997.1 lights...so before you do the swap (by the way 997.2 ballasts are not the same they have longer high voltage cable but they can fit 997.2 lights) mark light signs with ignition on and just adjust 997.2 lights at the same level...all you need is a 5mm long allen key...

Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 AM
yah996 will become famous soon enoughyah996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JackyN
No it's not plus and play. Inside the light the old motor wire is different than the new one. The only way i can do now is move the old light's motor to the new lights and rewire it then the warning light is gone but the light will not have self leveling becasue the motor is actually not working. If you don't mine the warning light then you can install it without any problem.
hi,

does the old stepping motor "physical" fit from the 997.1 fit in the new 997.2 housing? Is there any drilling or glues needed?

Thanks,
K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 turbo headlight fit into a 997.1 turbo?