997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 turbo headlight fit into a 997.1 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:07 AM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Was it even an option to code to on a 997.1?

Old 05-27-2016, 10:15 AM
ilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by alpha motoring
Are people coding the car to read that it has dynamic cornering headlights or it has halogen lights?
Dynamic. But I've never tried it on a 997-1.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:57 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Reviving old post .....did the swap. Can’t get pass side beam low enough

Anyone else have issues with 997.2 passenger side beam vertical adjustment?

I can’t adjust beam low enough enough with vertical adjustment tool. Using 5mm long Allan key I adjusted the beam but it only lowers to a certain point which is still too high.

Any my thoughts or suggestions?

Old 10-04-2019, 09:08 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I had to manually open the headlight and adjust it myself. Trial and error.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:29 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
For horizontal or vertical adjustment?

I get that u would have to trial horizontal bc the projector moves side to side but afaik vertical adjustment can only be done with Allan key adjustment. Is there another means to adjust VERTICALLY?

thx

Old 10-04-2019, 10:24 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I actually had to pull the entire headlight OUT of the car. Open the back cover to expose the ballast/bulb and lens. Actually stick my hand in and move the lens up and down manually in tiny increments

Then reinstall to check height. And remove the whole headlight again to adjust.

Very very very tedious. Took me hours to get it just right for both headlights.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:10 AM
Wow

When I try to adjust the lens housing I can only adjust in the horizontal plane (I believe this is bc the lens is only supposed to move sideways for the active headlights) I am not able to swivel the lens by hand in the vertical plane.

Am am I doing some thing wrong? FYI all I transferred from my 997.1 headlights was bulbs and ballast. I didn’t swap Over the levelling motor bc autolevelling wasnt gonna work in the 997.2 setup anyways.

Thx for your help so far man. Much appreciated

kindly advise.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:37 AM
It can be swiveled vertically by hand. I encountered the exact same issue as you which I found the only solution was to open up the headlights and adjust manually. It can be done. It was awhile ago but recall
that you need to remove the ballast in order to adjust it by hand.

If you are in the Lower Mainland, I could show you. Long shot since your location is CANADA.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Solved

Turned out the auto leveling motor’s tip wasn’t latched properly to the lens housing mount. Hence why I couldn’t level it properly vertically.

Also in case someone comes back to this thread

1) auto level won’t work nor will active cornering
2) to get rid of error light u have to turn off the auto level feature in piwis
3) since the lens sway on the horizontal axis due to being designed for active cornering, best thing to do is install lights without attaching rear housing. This makes it easier to pop out lights and fine tune the lens position with your hand along the horizontal axis. Once u have it set right attach rear housing and tighten her up.
4) vertical axis adjustments should be done using a long 5mm Allan key with headlights mounted. Purchase the longest one u can find and it makes adjustment a lot easier.
5) proper beam height is denoted in the vehicle manual.

Old 12-03-2020, 06:02 AM
zeltron75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good afternoon gentlemen,

There is an automatic headlight solution for 911 997, Boxster and Cayman 987 and CAYENNE 955 and 957.

I run it on my 997 TT; installed in minutes and almost invisible.
No need to change the original switch

its called PALS, check autolightsystems com website.

Cheers

Old 08-12-2021, 01:48 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Do you have part numbers for the lights you bought?

Originally Posted by NWturbo
My pleasure.

For those of you on the fence about this mod:

The 997.2 headlights use a different and optically clear lens than the 997.1 Fresnel ones.

I immediately noticed that the 997.2 headlights have a better light output and throw than the 997.1 both using the exact same HID bulbs (I swapped my 997.1 bulbs into the 997.2 headlights)

Old 08-13-2021, 05:49 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Here is another option: https://rennkit.com/lighting/