997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Check out these bad boys - Pirelli Trofeo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Chris
I'm hitting the track this Wednesday. I'm running HRE's 19x12 ET48 and 19x9 ET54 which are the track offsets. There is no rubbing at all and my car is lowered on KW's. There is probably room to spare. Mind you I am running -3 degrees of camber all around. The tires are so soft I was driving on the street and a small pebble got stuck in the tread and left a big hole

Trofeo R's are out??? Where??
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
That would be great. I would get a set then! I've used the Trofeos already and the new R version will be even better, mostly with wear.
PM incoming.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
BH: My Buddy with the 4.0 was at the track yesterday; he has a set of R's coming in for his car and said they actually cost less then the current Trofeos!

Sidebar: He had 300 miles on his car went the engine blew. Yesterday was his first outing since the new motor had been installed. Unfortunately he had some electrical issues and the car wouldn't hold a charge and couldn't stay running even after a jump. ugh! Thank god for his new upgraded AAA plan!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997
BH: My Buddy with the 4.0 was at the track yesterday; he has a set of R's coming in for his car and said they actually cost less then the current Trofeos!
Can't confirm that, but I do know they are less expensive than MPSC's (and really, what tire isn't less expensive than the Cups??) and depending on the sizes, may be less or only slightly higher than R888's and R6's.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
*Track Update*

So I hit up the local track today. It got up to around 26 degrees celsius with a perfect sunny day. I had some suspension issues. My driverside front KW kept bottoming out and I don't know why. My friend has the same setup and his ride height is lower and has no issues. We have the same settings.

Anyway, compared to my crap Bridgestone RE050A the Trofeo's are very sticky. I found the sweet spot on my turbo to be between 31-33 psi hot. When I was around 29psi for my first couple warm up laps the car didn't feel right. When heated up to the right temps, the traction was consistent throughout my sessions. One thing I noticed is that at the limit these tires don't "sing". I was hoping they would make some noise as a warning before they let go like street tires do.

A word of caution. Pirelli recommends you run at least -3 degrees of camber on these tires. They weren't kidding. My friend that has the exact same car and setup runs -2.5 degrees of camber and his outside tread is bald. There's alot of sidewall wear too. The inside tread looks fresh.These are brand new tires that we bought together.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 AM
quattrogeek is on a distinguished road
Car looks and sounds the business Chris....hope you get the suspension sorted. BTW, on the drive home your car sounded insane when the turbo's spooled...

Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by quattrogeek
Car looks and sounds the business Chris....hope you get the suspension sorted. BTW, on the drive home your car sounded insane when the turbo's spooled...
Thanks bud. That's only with OEM tune too. Should be even better once I get a performance tune . But don't know if I will run race gas like you ballerz.

Good seeing you out at the track too.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:17 PM
MarkCali1991 has a spectacular aura aboutMarkCali1991 has a spectacular aura about
hre wheels

pmed