997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Check out these bad boys - Pirelli Trofeo

Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Check out these bad boys - Pirelli Trofeo

I grabbed a couple sets of Pirelli Trofeo's for my buddy and I in anticipation for this year's track season. Not to mention some new HRE's we have coming in as well

Originally we wanted a set of the new Pirelli Trofeo-R's but none were available. Even getting a set of these were already tough enough. I was told these tires are made from the same mold machines that manufacture the official F1 tire. So when F1 season starts there's limited supply of Trofeo's. Anyway, Eric at Supreme Power hooked me up and was awesome to work with.

These tires are prone to cracking if kept below 5 degrees celsius and must be kept above 23 degrees celsius 24hours before use. So I will be keeping them next to my fireplace in my living room in the winter
They should be run at 30 - 32 PSI hot. But maybe for my TT I will run an extra PSI or two. Pirelli also advises to run at least -3 degrees of camber for the tires to perform properly as well. I remember reading that somewhere.

Sizes are 325/30/19 & 245/35/19
Rims 19x12 & 19x9

I am running approx. -3 degrees of camber all around. More to come when I get everyting set up. Still have to do a review of my suspension and exhaust too.

Picking them up from the Postal Outlet

Check out those MEATS

Last edited by TT Chris; 04-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Very nice!!!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Nice. Looking forward to hearing impressions. But more importantly, I want to know if you encounter any issues with the differential running those sizes.

Seeing as I cannot seem to get a firm answer out of anyone regarding this issue, guess I'll wait it out and see who does and does not destroy their diffs.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Put them "bad boys" on! Do let us know how you like them, ride comfort and if any noise. I also might switch to these from my Bridgestone Re-11s that are now worn.

Good call Bonehead; I had that happen to a non-pcar when I switched profile sizes on an 04' murcielago- fried the awd diff.

Do those tires come in stock sizes?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Never-Enough
:d
Enlightening
Care to elaborate?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bonehead
Nice. Looking forward to hearing impressions. But more importantly, I want to know if you encounter any issues with the differential running those sizes.

Seeing as I cannot seem to get a firm answer out of anyone regarding this issue, guess I'll wait it out and see who does and does not destroy their diffs.
Stock front to rear ratio is already 2.79% and the Trofeo's are 3.45%
Also take into consideration different tire manufacturers will have more/less tread increasing/decreasing the overall diameter.
Just like you all I hear on this forum is hearsay and never any actual evidence that someone has caused LSD damange on their 997TT with the 19" 325/245 combo. The "advice" of staying at under 3% margin for our TT's to me has no actual merit as there has been no documented LSD failure yet.
Wheelsboutique use these sizes daily and my Porsche mechanic who is the head mechanic at Bullet Racing said those sizes will be just fine. I'll let you know how it goes. If it fails then I will finally have a reason to go with a Guard Transmission LSD

Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Stock front to rear ratio is already 2.79% and the Trofeo's are 3.45%
Also take into consideration different tire manufacturers will have more/less tread increasing/decreasing the overall diameter.
Just like you all I hear on this forum is hearsay and never any actual evidence that someone has caused LSD damange on their 997TT with the 19" 325/245 combo. The "advice" of staying at under 3% margin for our TT's to me has no actual merit as there has been no documented LSD failure yet.
Wheelsboutique use these sizes daily and my Porsche mechanic who is the head mechanic at Bullet Racing said those sizes will be just fine. I'll let you know how it goes. If it fails then I will finally have a reason to go with a Guard Transmission LSD
Hope you're right! I'd love to slap 325's on the back.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by salerno713
Put them "bad boys" on! Do let us know how you like them, ride comfort and if any noise. I also might switch to these from my Bridgestone Re-11s that are now worn.

Good call Bonehead; I had that happen to a non-pcar when I switched profile sizes on an 04' murcielago- fried the awd diff.

Do those tires come in stock sizes?
I'll let you know how it goes bud but I don't expect them to be quiet or comfortable. Yes they do come in stock sizes.

Murcielago diff? Wow that must have been an expensive fix

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Hope you're right! I'd love to slap 325's on the back.
I'm hope im right too. In pushing the evelope there always needs to be a first or guinea pig. Too bad it had to be me

Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
ugh

My 235/35 R6's rub the inside edge of my front wheel wells while driving hard at Laguna on 8.5 inch rims....hope your offsets are dialed-in. What rims?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Nice Tires man! Can't wait to see them on your car lol

Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by VID997
ugh

My 235/35 R6's rub the inside edge of my front wheel wells while driving hard at Laguna on 8.5 inch rims....hope your offsets are dialed-in. What rims?
HRE Monobloks. I gave them our specific tire and tire sizes as well as camber settings. They will be building our wheels with track offsets and should not rub. I was pretty **** in making sure they build us wheels that work in perfect unison. I think your R6's have much squarer sidewall profile than the Trofeo's which could contribute to the rub

Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Nice Tires man! Can't wait to see them on your car lol
Can't wait to beat you without using race gas!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Slick997 is on a distinguished road
Are you running the gt2 offsets?

19x9 47
19x12 48

I think this is correct... I just got some tech 1 110 of a gt3 rs with those specs and orderd the super sports and im also concerned about rubbing on my tt

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I am running the following sizes:

Sizes 325/30-19 & 245/35-19 Michelin PSS
OZ Superforgiata 19x12 & 19x8.5

There is no rubbing or issues (I am running -1.5 camber in the fronts) and Eibach springs which are narrower than those that come with PSS10. This size combination will not damage your transfer case. However, if you go to 265/35 fronts then you will potentially run into issues with street tires. I tried the PSS in 265/35 and it turns out that the tire circumference is bigger than they claim on their site by about an 1 inch and that was enough to throw off the transfer case. I ran all kinds of Durametric diagnostics and the PTM (Porsche Traction Management) was throwing fits and once it overheated.

You would know if/when that the transfer case is not happy, trust me!

I know plenty of folks running Hoosier R6 in 325/30-19 and 265/35-19 without issue as their tire sizes are bang on with the spec they publish.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
I have a set of these in the factory sizes because I didn't want to stress the center diff. I was on the fence about going to the 245 in the from and staying with the 305 rears at the most.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check out these bad boys - Pirelli Trofeo