997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Power Kits? What works and is not overated?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1

exactly! I treat my receptionist the same way I treat investors. Everyone make a team work right!
Yep Team work...

Did you flash your car?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Steve_TT has a spectacular aura aboutSteve_TT has a spectacular aura about
Elite, seems we've had similar thoughts. I'm not looking to do the power kit quiet so soon, but I picked the EP2 so that I kept my options open. Check out the TPC Racing 775 kit. The EP is a part of it. Kit seems DIY. The flash is their own (you need to send ecu) so if you are doing the kit so soon I'd skip the Softronic. I chose the ST for now, but recognized that it may be a throw away in the future if I go full TPC.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve_TT
Elite, seems we've had similar thoughts. I'm not looking to do the power kit quiet so soon, but I picked the EP2 so that I kept my options open. Check out the TPC Racing 775 kit. The EP is a part of it. Kit seems DIY. The flash is their own (you need to send ecu) so if you are doing the kit so soon I'd skip the Softronic. I chose the ST for now, but recognized that it may be a throw away in the future if I go full TPC.
You can also get softronic now and if later on you decide to upgrade the Turbos you have the option to pay $500 to Softronic to upgrade your flash

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-25-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Hi Steve, I will look into that. If I decided on that route I would PC flash may not be a good investment at this point.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
You can also get softronic now and if later on you decide to upgrade the Turbos you have the option to pay $500 to Softronic to upgrade your flash
May be a great choice for increamentally building an tune that can change any direction. How has you flash been treating you?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by elite1
May be a great choice for increamentally building an tune that can change any direction. How has you flash been treating you?
I love it! the car is a totally different beast!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Before spending money on big 650hp-850hp kits do yourself a favor and speak w owners. Dont just listed to what people write on the forums. I Llove my EVT775....but trust me when **** goes wrong YOU are the one holding the bag.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Steve_TT has a spectacular aura aboutSteve_TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Thanks Leo. TPC said their tune was unique, so if/when I go all out I'll evaluate expensive TPC tune ("proven" to work with their hardware) vs small incremental cost on ST (which could perhaps get me close?? but not all the way). Recommendations of sticking with one tuner seems to be failry common. Cheers

Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
I would also recommend talking to owners. Some kits may look great on paper, but we have the fortune of seeing many kits come through our facilities for software. We have seen kits where parts didn't fit properly and the owners ended up paying more in the long run than purchasing a more expensive option.

My recommendations from kits that I have seen first hand are either AWE or Champion Motorsport. Not saying that the other options are bad, but this is what I have seen and would recommend. The nice thing about the Champion 68mm kit is that you can start with just the basic setup, yet have plenty of headroom if you want to add supporting modifications in the future. We provide the software for both kits, and it is custom tailored for each specific application to ensure stock levels of drivability combined with the maximum performance for the given hardware setup.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 04-26-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by Steve_TT
Thanks Leo. TPC said their tune was unique, so if/when I go all out I'll evaluate expensive TPC tune ("proven" to work with their hardware) vs small incremental cost on ST (which could perhaps get me close?? but not all the way). Recommendations of sticking with one tuner seems to be failry common. Cheers
They all say their product is unique... But I'm sure you already knew that ;-) I can't wait for owners to tell us about their experiences.

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-26-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC
I would also recommend talking to owners. Some kits may look great on paper, but we have the fortune of seeing many kits come through our facilities for software. We have seen kits where parts didn't fit properly and the owners ended up paying more in the long run than purchasing a more expensive option.

My recommendations from kits that I have seen first hand are either AWE or Champion Motorsport. Not saying that the other options are bad, but this is what I have seen and would recommend. The nice thing about the Champion 68mm kit is that you can start with just the basic setup, yet have plenty of headroom if you want to add supporting modifications in the future. We provide the software for both kits, and it is custom tailored for each specific application to ensure stock levels of drivability combined with the maximum performance for the given hardware setup.

Great replies
Thomas, I think you have seen more kits go through the dyno then most. I like the Champion kit and am seriously considering it. Do you think (dyno results) are higher than most? Do the ratings that Champion claim meet what they are advertising? <O</O

Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Great information. Articles give me two feeling though. Pleasure of reading them and understanding the possibilities of such a great car but, I can also learn that the install and information of installation may be different between the two making one better. Just looking for an easy install with most HP output.
Exhaust was a great and unbelievable upgrade but, upgrade but I am looking at this as an average tuner upgrade.<O</O

Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
mx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud of
gt30 kit will be good but expensive

Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Champion Motorsport Power kit

- Champion Motorsport Exhaust Manifolds
- Champion Motorsport 65mm Billet VTG Turbochargers
- Champion Motorsport Intercooler Upgrade Kit
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Y-Pipe
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Plenum
- OEM Porsche GT3 82mm Throttle Body
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Airbox
- Tubi Style "Street" Exhaust System -OR- Tubi Style "Race" Exhaust System
- 5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Bosch High Performance Spark Plugs
- Custom GIAC Performance Software
- Complete Porsche Gasket & Hardware Kit

Total $26,025.00

Do you guys really think this is worth it for the price? i think there is a lot of parts that are very $$$$ and you don't really need them... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Airbox
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Y-Pipe
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Plenum

This 3 parts are about $6000 and i don't really think they do much...

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-28-2013 at 12:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Power Kits? What works and is not overated?