997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1st Post My New To Me 2011 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 PM
GatorMD97 will become famous soon enoughGatorMD97 will become famous soon enough
1st Post My New To Me 2011 Turbo S

Joined Rennlist a few weeks ago when I bought this beauty and just came across this site too so I thought I'd join.

2011 911 Turbo S with only 945 miles on it and a pretty sweet option list! The Black/Stone Grey interior with painted seat backs, silver grey seat belts and carbon package really sets the interior off. She has regular leather Sport Seats that are heated which I like better than the adaptive seats. These seats seem to fit me better with the extra high bolster but I do wish they were ventilated with memory. Exterior has everything painted exterior color including the Turbo II wheels which I like a bit more than the regular Turbo S wheels. I love the Aerokit, it adds a little bit of flare to the slightly understated elegance of this four wheeled missile. She also came with a custom installed Passport 9500ci which is a nice touch.

Does anybody have any advice on ways to protect the paint from chips on the track? Going to participate in the Brumo's Driving Experience in Gainesville, FL in February and the Porsche Driving School in the Spring in Birmingham, AL. I really don't want to put a clear bra on this car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2exxcmv.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	268445   Click image for larger version

Name:	24x1cuu.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	268446   Click image for larger version

Name:	b9adt2.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	268447   Click image for larger version

Name:	2iv0iro.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	268448   Click image for larger version

Name:	eiksx4.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	268449  

Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on the car! Awesome find: PCCBs, Aerokit, interior (the painted seatbacks look really good)

Any reason on not doing the clear bra? I HIGHLY suggest having it done (the front bumper and hood, at least). I used Xpel Ultimate on mine (Full hood, front bumper, fenders, A-pillar, roof, door sills and rocker panels). Aside from rock chips, the love bugs in the south can ruin your paint too.

Whatever you decide enjoy the new ride!

Gator Grad? Go GATORS!

Last edited by amw; 08-07-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Hotel Guy is on a distinguished road
Awesome!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
great looking car ,congratulations

Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Absolutely beautiful!! Enjoy!!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
FasPilot is infamous around these partsFasPilot is infamous around these partsFasPilot is infamous around these partsFasPilot is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Congrats. I second the other comment about the clear bra. If you decide to go with it and are in Atl, I can recommend the installer who did mine.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Stunning car - great choice in color and options!
Love the clean understated elegance!

Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Goldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the rough
Spectacular car! Enjoy it.
I've read on forums there's a film you can get that you apply like a wrap and peel off when you are done the track day. Search here and in Rennlist, something will come up.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 AM
GOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the rough
Gorgeous ride!! Congratulations, your going to enjoy it!!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Such a beauty!! Great looking garage too

Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
What a beauty, not even broken in! The leather center console is a really expensive option. With the aerokit, it is a really rare Turbo S, that MSRP must have been crazy. PCCB's are standard on the S, of course. I forget how the seats are called, I thought those were the sport adaptives, just the manual ones. The side bolsters aren't as deep as the adjustable ones, which makes them a bit more comfortable, I think. (I have the adjustable ones). Also, you can't get seat ventilation in the sport seats, only in the standard "sport" seats.
I would clear bra it too. I have a Venture Shield and did the full hood and fenders - that way with black you don't see a line. Also just protects the finish. Depending on how OCD you are, you may want a custom wrap versus a precut. I think it is a waste of money to spend $2k on plastic film, but others feel differently.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 PM
eNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really nice
Very nice indeed. Besides tape, which IMHO is tacky, clear bra is kinda the way to go. Since your in ga, speed film in Alpharetta does an amazing job and ill tell you it's very hard to tell its even there. Hennessy has them do all of their cars. There is another guy who does a ton of lambos' in the area as well. Where in ga are you? I'd love to meet and check out that aero kit in person. I like the front lip a lot from what I can see. Nice car sir!

Old 08-09-2013, 01:03 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
What a magnificent Porsche. Congrats and enjoy!

And when you get to Birmingham hit me up.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
I track a lot and a clear bra is a must. You should do front bumper, full hood, full qtr panels, mirrors and the front pillars to the roof. You should see my car after an event, I'd cry if I couldn't just clean the stuff off with a detailer with no damage to paint.

And if done right, people won't even know its there. You can't tell with mine, they took lights out and wrapped around so you don't see any edges out anywhere.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:15 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
amazing car.

Q: what is...where did you get that phone cradle mount?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Post My New To Me 2011 Turbo S