997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Urgent!!!! 997.2 tt psm failure /drive off assistant failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 02:05 AM
mr.porsche has a spectacular aura aboutmr.porsche has a spectacular aura about
Urgent!!!! 997.2 tt psm failure /drive off assistant failure

I have a 997.2 tt cab since june 2011 , i had many faults showing in my car since the first month I've driven the car ,VACCUM LEAK,GAS ODUR INSIDE THE CABIN etc., but recently i have a filure that porsche couldn't fix it at all which shows PSM FAILURE /DRIVE OFF ASSISTANT FAILURE this msg shows up when the car is cold and not yet warmed up and i have to drive the card for around 10 to 15 km then turn the ignition off then turn it back on and it will disappear , they have tried to fix this for a long period of time but they failed to , actually even porsche germany don't know how to fix it as they blocked the warranty on the car as i have FVD EXHAUST AND H&R LOWERING SPRINGS and they claim that these are causing the failure
then i asked them to remove all the mods in the car and revert it back to stock , changed the battery , spark plugs , o2 sensors and still nothing solved , they have reset the control unit and DME many times without any results , i have paid more than 5000$ for labour hours as they blocked the warranty on my car and nothing is solved yet….. ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE

Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Try This

I was having all sorts of weird codes and prolonged warm up's. The dealer replaced my thermostat and now the engine warms up very quickly and the problem is gone.

The 997.2 have been having thermostat problems, and your the 4th person with something similar that I am aware of.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:32 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Wow, sorry to hear that.
My first reaction would be to check the wiring harness to the shocks, that may be causing the fault.

Personally the faults I have had with PSM were never sporadic, one was a short as a result of faulty aftermarket bilstein shocks (had to replace the whole unit), and the other was wiring again, as a result of the bilstein after market shocks (that time around it didn't fry the PSM unit).

You may also want to look at replacing the PSM unit.
If you do, go with a the TPC Unit (as opposed to stock porsche PSM one) - do a search on here, it's vastly better than stock.

I'm sure more seasoned experts may offer better insights.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Tomorrow I'll go to the dealer and I'll update you but the question is why the message is gone after warming the car and turn it off/ on ??and for the wiring they have checked everything in details ..

Old 03-29-2014, 02:54 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
That is one of the problems with modding your car when it has all these electronics in them today.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
That is one of the problems with modding your car when it has all these electronics in them today.
to be clear i have these faults and and other failures in the car since the first week of driving the car before any tuning have been done to the car

Old 03-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Casper 1 is on a distinguished road
The dealership just replaced the thermostat in my 2012 Turbo S.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:45 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
as far as the mods, here in the states not backing your warranty wouldn't fly...they'd have to prove that those mods are causing the failure (magnusson act)

Old 03-30-2014, 01:37 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mr.porsche
to be clear i have these faults and and other failures in the car since the first week of driving the car before any tuning have been done to the car

Should return the car in the first month or two, sound like a lemon to me.

Old 02-20-2021, 09:54 PM
adelphi is an unknown quantity at this point
@Mr.Porsche,
Just in case you get notification from my post in this thread. What did the cause of psm failure/drive off assitant failure ?
I have cayman s 987.2 but I got the same error messages like yours only when the engine cold and engine also stalled during idle.
after the engine warmed, everything is normal. I changed coils and spark plugs but still got the same problem.
my porsche mechanic already scanned my car couple times but still can’t identify the caused of the problem.
engine temp gauge looks normal during warmed up.